Input From Led Growers Wanted:

• Thread starter lbristol
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MW7945

MW7945

The thing that's nice about a dimmer is if you're vegging/blooming in the same tent. You can just put the light close on a low wattage for veg and be fine

MW7945

MW7945

I run my veg par around 1000 at the canopy and my flower 600-700 though.

I know it's an added cost but I'm glad I went ahead and paid the $150 for a PAR meter right away. Maybe something to consider a little down the road

D

DiatomaceousE

When LEDs can keep up with yield vs other types, ie getting 6-8 pounds per 8x4 then it will be worth it. Kinda silly to spend all that time and trouble for half the yield of airecooled, but to each their own.

Glad to see LED at least making steps in the right direction.:eyepiece::bookworm:

L

lbristol

When LEDs can keep up with yield vs other types, ie getting 6-8 pounds per 8x4 then it will be worth it. Kinda silly to spend all that time and trouble for half the yield of airecooled, but to each their own.

Glad to see LED at least making steps in the right direction.:eyepiece::bookworm:

Good luck getting 6-8lb in a 4x8 with any method. A proper led room SHOULD be way more efficient than any other setup. Check out growmau5 for his yields.

Last edited:
L

lbristol

good luck getting 6-8lb in a 4x8 with any method. a proper led room is way more efficient than any other setup. check out growmau5.
8lb is 1386g/sq m. I'm going to say it's not possible. If you are pulling that from a 4x8 tent I'd like to know how. No disrespect intended.

Last edited:
MW7945

MW7945

Meanwhile your electric bill is 4x the cost and you have to swap out bulbs every 6 months

sixstring

sixstring

Gunna need to see pics of this 6 to 8 # from a 4 x 8

sixstring

sixstring

As for the last few questions,yes i think running the vero at 80w is a bit overkill unless your plants will be taller than 5 feet.plus if ya run at 50w to 62w its better all around for efficiency and system longevity. But since ya already bought drivers im probably wasting my time explaining this lol.if you wire in series the cob watts will always remain the same on a given driver whether its 2,3,or 4 cobs.thats if you use a cc driver like what you listed.800ppfd is real good imo

L

lbristol

As for the last few questions,yes i think running the vero at 80w is a bit overkill unless your plants will be taller than 5 feet.plus if ya run at 50w to 62w its better all around for efficiency and system longevity. But since ya already bought drivers im probably wasting my time explaining this lol.if you wire in series the cob watts will always remain the same on a given driver whether its 2,3,or 4 cobs.thats if you use a cc driver like what you listed.800ppfd is real good imo

Yeah, you're wasting your time THIS time, as I already bought the drivers when I had a different design in mind, but you're not wasting your time for my next design for a bigger space. Which is coming real soon. Both you and MW have been a big help though. Your DIY gave me an idea of where to start with my build. I'll post a DIY for mine when I'm all done to pay it forward.

sixstring

sixstring

Yeah, you're wasting your time THIS time, as I already bought the drivers when I had a different design in mind, but you're not wasting your time for my next design for a bigger space. Which is coming real soon. Both you and MW have been a big help though. Your DIY gave me an idea of where to start with my build. I'll post a DIY for mine when I'm all done to pay it forward.

This plant is under 35w cobs and i think i had like 700ppfd at the tops and about 500ppfd around the middle of the plant
20170824 171107

This ones hitting about 800ppfd
20170824 171141 1

This ones around 1000ppfd everywhere in the part of my shop
20170823 101153 1
20170823 101116

DVB403

DVB403

I read that PAR matters more than actual wattage. If that's the case it makes sense as the ViparSpectra models are rated with a PAR equivalent to their wattage equivalency and have been tested accurately. The 400w model is ~400 PAR. By all accounts the King Plus LEDs are nowhere near their rated capacity ... In fact I cannot even find data on it. Decided I'm sending all 3 back to amazon and purchasing four 600w ViparSpectra units with the PAR rated at ~600 each. This is with the light at 24". Should give me the equivalency of 75w/sqft in my 4x8 enclosure.

Thoughts?
how did the viparspectra work out for you

Latest posts

Top Bottom