Input From The Rosin Pro's

• Thread starter Bulldog11
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dabominable

Dabominable

I will say i used my finest bag, 220, i think, to try to keep the plant material to a minimum. You need to make sure to move over a wide area when doing the dry ice bucket/,bag method, mostly so you can keep track of your grades as the color starts to variate from gold to green. And i didn't beat it up, tried to leave all the trim as is, and was gentle on my "up-and-downs" when bear hugging a 5 gallon bucket with some dry ice in it. I remember BHOing my post-dry ice hash material once it had dried. The returns were minimal, but there were returns (it was a little more than enough to break even on your butane costs.) My preferred size of dry ice chunk(s) was about the size of a quarter (currency not bag of weed) to the half-dollar size. When you start getting the smaller pieces of dry ice in the mix, you tend to push micro super-frozen particles through your screen creating soggy patches, and then usually causing you to have to let it dry or dehuey it.

Also, the dry ice hash i had used had been sitting for atleast 2-3 months, and the trim half as long before that. So soemtime in the near future i'll try it again with some fresh freeze straight from trim, and then try rosining that after no longer then a week, once im sure its completely dry.

Dabominable

Dabominable

OHHH shit! You just gave me a great idea! So I blast with tane 2x and then I wash with ISO... But just dump that threw a Gold Sieve Coffee filter and it collects Lots of Hash... So instead of using the hash I can Press the hash and get even more return... I wonder though @Graywolf would I still have resin in the hash after blasting or is most pulled already? Didn't know if you had any experience with it... You ever go to cups GW?!

I know its called dry ice "hash" but if you don't press it, it still remains in the more powdered kiefe state. I'll do a side by side when i try with the new fresh freeze come next harvest. I'll leave one more powdered and press the either, i _think_ maybe the unpressed may come out a bit lighter, since you aren't pressing the trich heads before apply heat, but fuck if i know.

xavier7995

xavier7995

Dear @Graywolf, first off thanks for all the info on so many things. My question is if you have seen any viable systems for at home production? Most extract systems sort of price/technique themselves out of the hands of most users. Has anyone come up with a simple press design your average home grower could use to process like a lb or two of straight buds? The ones I have seen are a bit heavier duty and more expensive than most could utilize.

WS4U

WS4U

I do dry ice sift in the 220 work bag to make "farmer hadh" i take the farmer hash and press that thru 25 micron screens, save screen for alcohol wash , filter alcohol and evap use this for edibles. Gets most out of every trich. These results are all with trim. No bud used just waste material. The press is just one of many. Thats the pnly flaw is you need to get good at pressing or have a nice machine

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Dear @Graywolf, first off thanks for all the info on so many things. My question is if you have seen any viable systems for at home production? Most extract systems sort of price/technique themselves out of the hands of most users. Has anyone come up with a simple press design your average home grower could use to process like a lb or two of straight buds? The ones I have seen are a bit heavier duty and more expensive than most could utilize.

If your only doing a lb or two of flowers, a hair strainer works just fine. My t-shirt press will press 2lbs very quick, maybe an hour.

xavier7995

xavier7995

If your only doing a lb or two of flowers, a hair strainer works just fine. My t-shirt press will press 2lbs very quick, maybe an hour.

Maybe I just suck and need to work on my squishing technique. Holding out to get a fancy machine though:) Figured out the one I had seen in use on IG, http://rosintechnologies.com/rosin-technologies-pneumatic-rosin-press.html

That looks pretty damn slick, seems like it might be a bit high priced, but I am not mechanically savvy enough to determine. Looks to just be a pneumatic/hydraulic press fitted with heat plates. I would think you could DIY one for a grand or two.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

I notice with all those machines, they say they press flowers, but don't have any video's of the machine doing so. They have bubble video, showing great returns, but seldom flowers. The ones that do have flower videos, have a much higher PSI, and most likely why the cheaper presses don't show flowers.

My t-shirt press leaves a fair amount of thc, compared to a hair straitener, even after several presses. However I just pile it up for a coco bath.

WS4U

WS4U

Just dry ice the flower. Its simple and much easier to work with the farmer has than buds

xavier7995

xavier7995

I have seen flower presses (IG...so take it for what it is) of the one I linked, but yeah, I agree with you that the cheaper ones probably aren't great for buds. I was looking at this one

But well...it looks to be a glorified t shirt press.

What PSI levels have you seen on flower presses? I am striking out on finding much in the ways of actual technical details from anywhere.

Dabominable

Dabominable

I notice with all those machines, they say they press flowers, but don't have any video's of the machine doing so. They have bubble video, showing great returns, but seldom flowers. The ones that do have flower videos, have a much higher PSI, and most likely why the cheaper presses don't show flowers.

My t-shirt press leaves a fair amount of thc, compared to a hair straitener, even after several presses. However I just pile it up for a coco bath.
Just pulled out my digital shirt press from a storage container i forgot about..Feel like posting a video of you in action with it? What sort of psi you running?And heat?

O

OrganicFarmr

Here's the finger hash from processing my fresh frozen bubble hash through a microplane. I take that and press it. at 180 or so. The last picture is of the second press.

In regards to the press, the hardpressco as stated before is excellent. I've seen great results from a friend that has one for i-502 in washington.

O

OrganicFarmr

around 180 degrees and as much pressure as needed... some material needs higher temps and shorter presses.

O

OrganicFarmr

I have the rosintech gold series 5x5, but I use the hair straightener a lot more.

C

califarmer5

Hey Guys, Ive been using a press from www.neo-farms.com. Works great large plates and dual plates..
We can press three large steel tubes filled with kief which is the best way besides bubble in our opinion. The flower just doesnt yield great and is a waste, because folks arent willing to pay $60 a gram. With the kief we get about 45% return with bubble 70% return.. All is dependent on age and moisture.. This squish was from 28g ( which is what each bag holds) we got 11g out.. The color isnt the best but the taste is great and the medicating ability is great! Sometimes the best bubble is cured and darker.. But as for the kief this was older, so i was surprised even by this yield. This machine runs hydraulic and is pretty quiet. All we do is let it sit, cool down, then take a jar with hot water put between to parchments give pressure and press it out thin, then it can be cut into gram or half gram, and it looks fancy and lighter than in the paper.. Everyone seems to love it!

Top Bottom