Input, Help, And Ideas For An 8x12 Area

• Thread starter NorthernLite
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NorthernLite

NorthernLite

Have an opportunity to have use of a 8x12 area for veg and bloom. I have some general ideas, and have also been looking around the forums for ideas on layout for the space. I'm currently thinking of dedicating a 4x12ft section to flowering, and 4x8 for veg. I plan on using it for DWC/RDWC during the cooler months, and a top feed rockwool croutons setup for the warmer months. Not sure how relevant that will be. I have never done a SOG grow, and not too interested atm, but SCROG on the other hand I do like and have had VERY good results with. So I planned on 3 larger plants to go into flower (allowing them a 4x4 area each+/-) and having a 4x8 for vegging in. Will be using a light mover in flower with 1000w gear. Is the area for both seem adequate, and is a 1000w on a light rail going to be enough? Also, has anyone ever vented the pungent air from flower into the ground instead of just using carbon filters? I ask because my father told me about a set-up like that for dissipating diesel and other exhaust fumes. He said it was VERY effective. Really looking for the best use of space. Thx for the help in advance.

N

numbnutts

Honestly I had 5 plants in a 6 by 6 area and I wasnt satisfied so I added another 2 600 watt lamps now I have vegging plants under the 1000 hps in a 6 by 6 and the two 600s in a 6 by 6 space and the 2 600s just blow away the 1000 and the 600s are cheap as hell these days I found nice digital ballasts that run both metal halide and high pressure sodium and I'm absolutely adding 2 more 600s this week ...ok so my wife is allowed 6 and I'm allowed 6 so I'll do em in 30 gallon smart pots under a whole shit load of lights amazing the crazy ass difference it is between a 1000 and 2 600s.. 600s blow em away probably because you can get em closer without any heat issues they use the light better remember air intake low outgoing High..best of luck on the grow that's some awesome space you have there

N

numbnutts

Your gonna need a filter I exhausted my rooms out the side of my house using ducting and inside durging fans to move the air faster and every trick or treater was wondering if there were skunks on the end of my street lol even with the filter some of these strains are hard to control smell ..I'm gonna need a second one soon , not all that worried now that it's legalized though woohoo

NorthernLite

NorthernLite

Your gonna need a filter I exhausted my rooms out the side of my house using ducting and inside durging fans to move the air faster and every trick or treater was wondering if there were skunks on the end of my street lol even with the filter some of these strains are hard to control smell ..I'm gonna need a second one soon , not all that worried now that it's legalized though woohoo
I was thinking of venting a few feet into the ground, I'm going to have to speak with the fam about the design they saw, and had explained. That way I can be more precise in my wording. And yeah, I bet the trick or treaters were thinking you had a skunk problem, but the parents were looking for their treat lmao! Thx for the info.

N

numbnutts

I was thinking of venting a few feet into the ground, I'm going to have to speak with the fam about the design they saw, and had explained. That way I can be more precise in my wording. And yeah, I bet the trick or treaters were thinking you had a skunk problem, but the parents were looking for their treat lmao! Thx for the info.
Hahaha yeah it was a little ridiculous for a while there lol that venting into the ground sounds awesome , I meant to say I have a fan inside the ducting it was 23 bucks and it helps pull a or out of the tent into the ducting that then went out the side of my house ..how many lights are you thinking of running ?

Eagle.ize

Eagle.ize

Have an opportunity to have use of a 8x12 area for veg and bloom. I have some general ideas, and have also been looking around the forums for ideas on layout for the space. I'm currently thinking of dedicating a 4x12ft section to flowering, and 4x8 for veg. I plan on using it for DWC/RDWC during the cooler months, and a top feed rockwool croutons setup for the warmer months. Not sure how relevant that will be. I have never done a SOG grow, and not too interested atm, but SCROG on the other hand I do like and have had VERY good results with. So I planned on 3 larger plants to go into flower (allowing them a 4x4 area each+/-) and having a 4x8 for vegging in. Will be using a light mover in flower with 1000w gear. Is the area for both seem adequate, and is a 1000w on a light rail going to be enough? Also, has anyone ever vented the pungent air from flower into the ground instead of just using carbon filters? I ask because my father told me about a set-up like that for dissipating diesel and other exhaust fumes. He said it was VERY effective. Really looking for the best use of space. Thx for the help in advance.

The best scenario for a light mover is to have it travel a very short distance to move shadows around and eliminate shading.
Covering three 4x4 spaces with only one 1000w HID may not get you the results you would expect. If it is in your budget, three 600w HIDs may get you there or a pair of 1000w with the mover. The advantage with the 600w is you can use HPS bulbs on either end and a MH in the middle to broaden the spectrum. The MH has a lot of blue light that helps drive photosynthesis more effectively and the bonus is the trich production is richer.

More light = more photons.
More photons = more photosynthesis.
More photosynthesis = more yield.

Cheers!

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Don't get lazy with the movers. Blow that shit up with 1000w. Remember rotate, rotate, rotate. Carbon filter will Scrub in the grow.

Top Bottom