Input needed: Botanicare and Ebb and Flo

• Thread starter Lost
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Lost

So I recently switched over to Botanicare from FF. I'm looking for what combos you use and when. Currently my res looks like this: Pro Blend Bloom, Liquid Karma, Cal-Max (same as cal-mag but cheaper), and foilier feeding once or twice a week with liquid karma at 1ts per 1/2 gallon.

Im looking for input and feeding scheduals from pro's only please. If you have not sold a few harvests, please do not post! Thanks :)

Btw: Lighting is 1000w hps, various strains purples and kushes, 1 week into flower, about 2 feet tall. Temp is a/c controlled from 77to 82 max. Ph is set at 5.8-6.0, no drip, 6inch grodans set in3-4 inches of hydroton. No Co2. Yet.

Thanks!!

L

Lost

I don't have an ec meter only a ppm meter. I'll have to look up what ppm's that is, thx!!

B

been

You sure it doesn't read microsiemens too?

1,000 µS (microsiemens) = 1 EC

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Does anyone else have a feeding schedual?

PH 5.4-5.8. Nute Strenght All depends on how old and what strain.

The PBP flower mixed with Tiger Bloom 2:1 is a nasty combo. I leave the LK out of the Rez as it does great for the plants but stains the tablesand rez's with a bunch of buildup and also gums your pumps up. Foliar is your best option for The LK like you are doing. Maybe twice a week.

I was runing
10-18ml PBP Flower Hydro
5-10ml Calmag
5ml Silica Blast (GO BUY IT MAGIC IN A BOTTLE!)
10ml Hydroguard or the new one Aquashield I think (good if you run higher water temps)
10ml of Pure Blend OG if you are feeling saucy.

Also as suggested the soil forumla for the last couple of weeks also does great for the weight.

You using RO and what kind of water temps you got?

L

Lost

PH 5.4-5.8. Nute Strenght All depends on how old and what strain.

The PBP flower mixed with Tiger Bloom 2:1 is a nasty combo. I leave the LK out of the Rez as it does great for the plants but stains the tablesand rez's with a bunch of buildup and also gums your pumps up. Foliar is your best option for The LK like you are doing. Maybe twice a week.

I was runing
10-18ml PBP Flower Hydro
5-10ml Calmag
5ml Silica Blast (GO BUY IT MAGIC IN A BOTTLE!)
10ml Hydroguard or the new one Aquashield I think (good if you run higher water temps)
10ml of Pure Blend OG if you are feeling saucy.

Also as suggested the soil forumla for the last couple of weeks also does great for the weight.

You using RO and what kind of water temps you got?

Exactly what I was looking for!!!

Yes, RO water but I dont know temps. It never feels warm if that means anything..

B

been

I figured you'd be turned off by such a simple feeding schedule as mine. Oh well, have fun with your bottles.

B

bdawgburner

What do you guys think of the PBP soil for the entire bloom? Maybe with a little bit of grow added in to replace some nitrogen for the first few weeks? I have a big jug of the soil bloom and i'm gonna be running an ebb and flow. Just didnt want to shell out extra cash for a new bottle for the hydro. I have cal-mag, LK, silica blast, jump start, and kool bloom that I'll be using along with it.

L

Lost

I figured you'd be turned off by such a simple feeding schedule as mine. Oh well, have fun with your bottles.

Not at all! I value your input, I am seeing that less is often more. One of the prblems I do run into tho, is that I usually have 3-4 strains going on the same table. I also seem to have a Calcium def (or was it Mg.?) so cal-mag (cal max) is what I have been using for that. I may have water that is lacking causing this?

I also cannot change my res every 2 weeks. I think they hyroguard would really help me here. Im putting about a bottle of hydrogen peroxide in per week or two and I was told that that may not be the best thing because it is cut with other stuff.

Bdawg - I ran FF soil nutes one harvest because I got the wrong bottle. Harvest came out fine.. This was in DWC buckets tho..

og dmc

og dmc

That stuff is super easy to use. With RO water and mature plants 15ml pbp bloom + 5 ml calmag and thats all you need. I like to use 7.5 ml veg and 7.5 ml bloom for the first 2 weeks of flowering to prevent shock.

L

Lost

That stuff is super easy to use. With RO water and mature plants 15ml pbp bloom + 5 ml calmag and thats all you need. I like to use 7.5 ml veg and 7.5 ml bloom for the first 2 weeks of flowering to prevent shock.

Thats exactly what I am using! I do have a gallon of FF bloom so I added a little of that too :)

I just started a DWC bucket for kicks. Im always amazed at how fast DWC grows.. For that I used the PB veg, cal-max, and thats it! Once its 3 feet I'll flower her. These durban poisons grow fast and BIG!!

B

bdawgburner

I dont have RO water. If I aerate for 48 hours should i be straight?

og dmc

og dmc

If your tap is around 150 nppm it should be cool. You can call the water company or go online and u can find out. If you use the tap , you probably wont need cal mag.

B

bdawgburner

Straight out of the tap I'm close to 300 ppm on my hanna. The water here kinda sucks. I just got the water thing in the mail that tells the impurities and stuff. What should I look for on it?

S

snowkitty

Straight out of the tap I'm close to 300 ppm on my hanna. The water here kinda sucks. I just got the water thing in the mail that tells the impurities and stuff. What should I look for on it?

My results improved a lot when I started running a RO system on my 300ppm water. I was getting uncontrollable ph and ppm drifting when I was using water with all the unkowns in it. Nutrient lockout can occur depending on what minerals are in it to start with. It costs a few hundred bucks to get one from HydroLogic or GE but it is totally worth it. And no, letting it stand or aerating it will not achieve the same results.

B

bdawgburner

Thanks snowkitty. I guess aerating just helps the chlorine evaporate then. I wasnt sure if it had effect on ppm. I've been wanting to get an ro system but have been kinda short on cash lately. I found one that is rated at 60 gpd at menards for like $120. I'm only going to be filling a 45 gal rez with it. So to me that sounds like enough but is it going to take all day to fill it. Ive never seen an ro system work so I have no idea how fast the water comes out or if the gpd has anything to do with the speed at which it works.

I feel like i'm hijacking the thread and kinda getting off topic. Sorry.

jimih

jimih

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey lost look in the Murda thread, Astartes just posted his detailed P.B.P. nute schedule. He also uses Liq~K,,Cal-Mag,Hgrozme (bad spelling).. hope it helps..Jimi

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
You still need Calmag even with tap water. Good buffer for N in flower. Keeps buring to A Min when you run High PPM's in flower. With RO I was running closer to 10mla gal.

As far as water temps.... 74F and 65F are way different in hydro and makes the world of difference. You want it in the lower 60's. Temps affect nute uptake and higher temps might show up as a def when its really not one. Pets store have a 10 dollar fishtank digi temp meter. Gets to high freeze some bottles of water or run a 500 dollar rez chiller.

Pure Blend is great stuff and easier then sin.

L

Lost

Damn, I wanted to spend my dough on co2 not a res chiller, :(

Top Bottom