Insects And Roots

• Thread starter JustStartedD
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JustStartedD

JustStartedD

today I woke up and I started moving the plants around , I got this blue dream plant last weekend and I sprinkled it with some great white and roots started to come out the bottom of the pot after the week. So today I was looking to see if more roots came out , does the exposure to oxygen make the tips of the roots change colors ? & I also found a small tiny Centipede like creature running around the bottom. Is that a predatory insect or should I be worried about it

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

centipedes are predatory.what theyr predating on god knows.
air prunes roots so roots poppin out the bottom the dieing back is normal.its called "air pruned"

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

if ever u have insect pests in your root zone then nematodes will kill all insects in the root zone.the ones i get for fungus gnats eat everything in there.springtails the lot.cant recommend em highly enough and theyr really cheap at around £20 to treat 10 square metres of soil.just google fungus gnat nematodes to find a source near you.

JustStartedD

JustStartedD

centipedes are predatory.what theyr predating on god knows.
air prunes roots so roots poppin out the bottom the dieing back is normal.its called "air pruned"
Okay I just wanted to make sure nothing was messed up. And as far as the insect. I've never seen it. Don't know how it got there. And I don't have gnats in the soil. I believe I don't. I try to keep my area clean and I don't let water build up

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

I'm not sayin u have gnats,I'm just sayin IF u ever do have soil pests the todes will wipe em out pretty quick.sern people spend fortunes trying to hit pests with this product and that product,usually without success wen a £20 tub of nematodes would sort em in 10 days

Top Bottom