Insert edgy title here

• Thread starter TreeBee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TreeBee

TreeBee

Hey everyone who bothered to click here!
I am a mid thirties hermit who has decided to do a few outdoor plants this year mainly because seeds appeard in my bag. I grew up in a growing home and worked trimming and maintaining indoor for years but this is the first time I will be doing my own plants at home and first time working with outdoor. I am an avid vegtable gardener and plant nerd already so I am really excited to be doing this. Happy growing everyone!

Marlie

Marlie

I am a mid thirties hermit who has decided to do a few outdoor plants this year mainly because seeds appeard in my bag. I grew up in a growing home and worked trimming and maintaining indoor for years but this is the first time I will be doing my own plants at home and first time working with outdoor. I am an avid vegtable gardener and plant nerd already so I am really excited to be doing this. Happy growing everyone!
Good luck! I am an absolute rookie so no sage wisdom, but wish you a bounty!

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

Happy growing! One thing to keep in mind is that since you got some bag seeds assuming out of a bag of weed that you bought, they could be male or female or hermaphrodite. A lot of times if you have a couple of seeds in some really good bud, it's because that plant hermied out towards the end, and results could be the genetics. You will not know until fall whether you have females or males, and when you do spot a male, it needs to be immediately killed. Even if you are growing outside I would definitely make sure you are growing in buckets, do not plant them in the ground. You want to be able to move them around. I can't wait to see your progress, good luck!!

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

Thank you! Likewise.

I wish I could grow outside in a garden. The best I can do is a plant or two on a balcony.
I'm going to try a few outdoor plants this year, I'm not even going to stress them at all, I'm going to throw them in some five gallon buckets of a soil mix and just let nature do the rest.

TreeBee

TreeBee

Happy growing! One thing to keep in mind is that since you got some bag seeds assuming out of a bag of weed that you bought, they could be male or female or hermaphrodite. A lot of times if you have a couple of seeds in some really good bud, it's because that plant hermied out towards the end, and results could be the genetics. You will not know until fall whether you have females or males, and when you do spot a male, it needs to be immediately killed. Even if you are growing outside I would definitely make sure you are growing in buckets, do not plant them in the ground. You want to be able to move them around. I can't wait to see your progress, good i

Happy growing! One thing to keep in mind is that since you got some bag seeds assuming out of a bag of weed that you bought, they could be male or female or hermaphrodite. A lot of times if you have a couple of seeds in some really good bud, it's because that plant hermied out towards the end, and results could be the genetics. You will not know until fall whether you have females or males, and when you do spot a male, it needs to be immediately killed. Even if you are growing outside I would definitely make sure you are growing in buckets, do not plant them in the ground. You want to be able to move them around. I can't wait to see your progress, good luck!!
Thanks for the reply

I ended up with 3 seeds from a pound I picked up from the grower and will have no clue what they are until later for sure. I can pick out plant balls from a mile away though so I am not worried about males. If they herm I will be okay with that too. I think part of me just wants to see how big I can get them. I remember giants in my backyard when I was a kid. Mostly an experimental grow more curiosity invested than anything else. I will be growing in ground and can provide cover for them when needed in later months when they are finishing and the weather is turning. Why would I need to move them? So I may prepare a solution otherwise. Thanks for the tips! Happy growing!

Hydrocropper420

Hydrocropper420

Thanks for the reply

I ended up with 3 seeds from a pound I picked up from the grower and will have no clue what they are until later for sure. I can pick out plant balls from a mile away though so I am not worried about males. If they herm I will be okay with that too. I think part of me just wants to see how big I can get them. I remember giants in my backyard when I was a kid. Mostly an experimental grow more curiosity invested than anything else. I will be growing in ground and can provide cover for them when needed in later months when they are finishing and the weather is turning. Why would I need to move them? So I may prepare a solution otherwise. Thanks for the tips! Happy growing!
Most people that grow outside put them in buckets so they can move them around with the sunlight and turn them around in circles. Also maybe to put them in a garage when a storm whips through the area. It's not to have them permanently stuck in the ground like a tree. But it would also be cool to see a plant growing straight out of the earth rather than soil you're giving it.

TreeBee

TreeBee

Most people that grow outside put them in buckets so they can move them around with the sunlight and turn them around in circles. Also maybe to put them in a garage when a storm whips through the area. It's not to have them permanently stuck in the ground like a tree. But it would also be cool to see a plant growing straight out of the earth rather than soil you're giving it.
Oh ok gotcha. I am a vegtable gardener also and have mapped out a really sunny spot for them in my garden. I am ready with pop up shelter when needed for a storm or end of season. They will have a nonexistant in ground pot like I do for my vegtables. If that makes any sense o_O of course it doesn't. I plan on digging a pit into the ground and filling it with a custom mix so they will have a large "pot" of controlled substrait but their roots can reach into the surrounding ground if they please. I am super excited so updates will be many once I figure the site out and where to post ( I am like a 90 year old on the computer)

Top Bottom