Installing A 2500 Gallon Water Storage Tank

• Thread starter Bulldog11
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtboy808

Dirtboy808

$7000 for install crap that is $$$$. Here in Puna 90% have water catchment for our houses and a 10,000 gal with liner and dome cover is $5,500 installed plus pump $500 and hook up $550 including cpvc pipe. Aloha DB

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Very cool. When you run your PVC, remember not to back-fill if it is hot, or if the pipe is in direct sunlight. The expansion and contraction of the pvc with a run that long can be enough to just barely pull apart the pipe and cause leaks after you back-fill if you do it while the pipe is 'expanded'. You might already know this though if you've done construction though, but I have found it to be one of the more helpful 'old timer' tips I picked up over the years.

Interesting. I have installed PVC a 1000 times, and I always take expansion into consideration. However part of that consideration has never lead me to think about when I should be back filling the trench. Thanks for that, like you said, a run this long that could make a very big difference, thanks for the heads up.

I did buy 20ft lengths of pvc with the extra long slip joint for extra glue to plastic ratio. That also takes out half the fittings, were a leak is possible.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

$7000 for install crap that is $$$$. Here in Puna 90% have water catchment for our houses and a 10,000 gal with liner and dome cover is $5,500 installed plus pump $500 and hook up $550 including cpvc pipe. Aloha DB

That is a very good price. You guys get enough rain year round where you might never need extra water. Pure genius, the rest of the country could follow in your footsteps. Thanks for sharing.

Top Bottom