installing flange for active air carbon filters

• Thread starter 20north
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

20north

so i need to install my flange for my active air carbon filter and im not sure what to do it came with some foam tape and screws but i dont see anyway to screw on the flange so im worried about what i should do???? should i just use some of my silicone instead of using the foam tape it seems really uneffective and silicone seems way stronger and air tight compaired to some foam tape..

please any advice even how this thing really goes on can i really use these screws and go in to the metal on the filter to mount it ive never had to put my own flange on a filter before

S

strainman

Premium Member
Supporter
put the tape around under the flange take a screwgun and screw it into the open side of the filter...

R

Rolln J

I took a 3/4" piece of plywood and cut a template that matched the side of the can and screwed the flange to the board and then the board to the can. I did this because there was very little clearance between the edge of the flange and the edge of the can where you have to screw it to.

not sure what size can/fan combo you have or if this is an issue - but the deal comes with self tapping screws and like strainman said just go to it. I used much bigger foam weatherstripping for mine also.

20north

thank you strainman and rolln j i just needed some one to tell me that was the correct thing to do i was worried about if i should go over kill or not on this i guess silicone can be used if i really feel like it isnt as airtight as i really want it to be thanks alot peoples

much love

sky high

sky high

Another good option is to tape it on with aluminum/foil duct tape.

No grow room should be without a roll of this, IMO>

s h

J

Jalisco Kid

Just go easy and do not strip the self tapping screws.That thin piece of foam works just fine. JK

Top Bottom