Instead Of Cree Cob's Which Would You Choose ?

• Thread starter levradus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bobby g

youre mixing up watts and volts.

all the cobs at cobkits are 36V (like cree) and 50V. the 50V will run on any of the same constant current drivers you just add up the voltage in the same way and stay under driver max voltage

ReddEyez

ReddEyez

I knew you were waiting on a chance to jump in and promote cobkits. You really dont know where the Vero 18s fall in that chart? How many threads on RIU have you participated in where that info has been readily available for some time now? Oh wait, you SAY you dont know because you dont stock the Veros at Cobkits. Have you even told anyone here at THC Farmer that Cobkits is your business? You sure are getting alot of free advertising. Cobkits and Bobby g are one in the same guys. Amazing, you havent recommended anything that you do not have in stock from the posts ive seen. The Citis are obviously kick ass COBs, but there are other options available besides your in stock Citis. Get a banner douche.

B

bobby g

I knew you were waiting on a chance to jump in and promote cobkits. You really dont know where the Vero 18s fall in that chart?
well, when people ask about the site, whos supposed to answer those questions?

ive never even laid my hands on a vero 18, yet alone looked at a datasheet you can prob do the math from the relative datasheet performance or use the bridgelux tool here

http://www.bridgelux.com/product-simulator

How many threads on RIU have you participated in where that info has been readily available for some time now? Oh wait, you SAY you dont know because you dont stock the Veros at Cobkits. Have you even told anyone here at THC Farmer that Cobkits is your business? You sure are getting alot of free advertising. Cobkits and Bobby g are one in the same guys. Amazing, you havent recommended anything that you do not have in stock from the posts ive seen. The Citis are obviously kick ass COBs, but there are other options available besides your in stock Citis. Get a banner douche.

thanks for the warm welcome. I've posted 19 times in 3 weeks. each time with useful info.

vero 29s are great thats why i tested them and provided you the data even though i dont sell them. if you want to see the same for vero 18s nobodys stopping you from posting data. or send me one and ill run it.

its not that i dont recommend stuff i dont sell. rather i dont sell stuff i dont recommend. veros are great but i cant compete with digikey so you can just buy them there, no point in me buying them from digi and reselling to you.

the citis are different. 90% of the size/color/cri combos i have werent even stocked anywhere for any reasonable price. twice the price at mouser. i bit the bullet to get the chips i wanted and make them available to the community. believe me nobodys getting rich off DIY hobby scene...

Last edited:
B

bobby g

looking at the bridgelux tool the gen7 18s dont look all that impressive relative to the 29s, their lumens/watt just doesnt get up above 160 where the 29s are pushing 180 lm/W

id say the vero 18s are more like the citi 1212s - both good bargain chips, $10-$12 with similar performance. all the $10-$15 dollar chips seem to perform about the same whether they are vero, citis, getian, luminus, etc. i havent tried cxb 2540 not sure if its in that club

ReddEyez

ReddEyez

looking at the bridgelux tool the gen7 18s dont look all that impressive relative to the 29s, their lumens/watt just doesnt get up above 160 where the 29s are pushing 180 lm/W

id say the vero 18s are more like the citi 1212s - both good bargain chips, $10-$12 with similar performance. all the $10-$15 dollar chips seem to perform about the same whether they are vero, citis, getian, luminus, etc. i havent tried cxb 2540 not sure if its in that club
Of course the 18s are not as good as the 29s. Just like the 1212s arent as good as the 1825s. I am aware the 18s are like the 1212s. My point is when asks you for the best bargain you conveniently leave out the Veros because you dont stock them. I know the efficiencies are getting better, but im sure some would disagree when you say a chip that can reach over 50% efficiency for $10 isnt all "that impressive." My point is you are a business, and people should know that when you are making recommendations. Especially when the recommendations lead them to your website in a deceptive manner.

B

bobby g

i speak to what i know. when you go to the ford dealer do you ask him about his opinion on toyotas? is he being deceptive when he doesnt tell you about buick's mileage?

im not going to recommend a chip i havent ever even touched yet alone tested or used.. so let the vero experts do that.

Top Bottom