Insulation

• Thread starter MadManc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MadManc

MadManc

Hey folks, im currently growing in my house which i rent of a mate of mine, he is also a smoker and we are teaming up to do one big grow to provide us both with smoke for quite a while, the plan is to do (upto) 6 600w hps lamps in the back bedroom(in the UK).

My mate is quite paranoid and wants to do everything properly(which is a good thing!) and is insisting we completely insulate any room we grow, his theory being it will give him piece of mind from "choppers", my opinion is that its not neccasary, he will not listen to me however, so i was hoping for some expert opinions that may swing one of us round to the others way of thinking...

O

ookiimata

You could use those sheets of hard foam insulation. They work well in a small space, but I've never tried them in a room as big as what you're describing. It would be easy to glue them to the wall, but since you say this is a one time grow, think about screwing them on so the room can easily be stripped after harvest. Pay special attention to windows/area near the windows and ventilation - both what you add for the grow, as well as any pre-existing vent ports.

I agree with your friend. There's no reason not to take every possible precaution with a grow that size. It may take some time and work on your part, but if you want to grow that big you're going to be looking at ALOT of work anyway. And insulation is pretty cheap. Especially considering the potential profits to be made.

Plus, your friend is the one losing a house if you're busted and the property seized (I assume they seize property in the UK like they do in the states), so it seems like his opinion on safety precautions should weigh more heavily than yours.

Plan as if the police will be camped out in front of the house with FLIR and searching the perimeter of the property with drug dogs. Worst case scenario should always be assumed when beginning a project that can send you to prison.

Misterdirt

Misterdirt

Amazingly, thermal detection is the thing we have to worry about least in the US.

From what I've seen in infrared images, you need to especially work on doors and windows. By far, the most heat leaks out through these pathways.

Top Bottom