Intake Fan/Filter issue need advice

• Thread starter subieslow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
subieslow

subieslow

Setting up my new 7X7 spot, using a vortex 6inch 435cfm intake. I got the 6X16 phresh filter hook up directly to it. The output from the filter just sucks. You can feel it but its not very powerful where just booting the fan without it on it would blow your hair back easily. I'm also using the prefilter on this, should I Just take this sucker off, get it ready for the exhaust side and use a cheapo bit of hepa filter from home depot on the end for intake? should i get one of those hydro hepas thats like a k&n air filter for a car cone shaped?? I want to be able to blow some air in there you know.

its gets air right from the outside, shed type setup.

thanks fellas, just seems like my fan is not being used this way.

sky high

sky high

Filters definitely rob the fan of cfm's...

is it a new filter?

i don't have to filter my intake here where it freezes all the time. do you need a filter on the intake for PM/molds/etc? Just wonderin'...

hope ya get it figured out.

s h

subieslow

subieslow

Filters definitely rob the fan of cfm's...

is it a new filter?

i don't have to filter my intake here where it freezes all the time. do you need a filter on the intake for PM/molds/etc? Just wonderin'...

hope ya get it figured out.

s h

Yeah I've heard it's good to use for molds mildew etc.. but I'm thinking it makes the fan to ineffective. I will eventually like one for exhaust but I dunno if I can use a bag or something to enclose it as it won't be outside. But I think I will take it off the intake and just use a tiny bit of green hepa filter from the depot, I don't think that will choke the fan much. Th issue is it's fine right now but come 2 months I feel the fan will need to be at it's best.

subieslow

subieslow

If I use it on exhaust it has to be in my area, is there a bag or something I can get to go around it so it goes thru that then out the port? Is there a cheap method that helps some what and doesn't kill cfm for the exhaust scrubbing?

I figure it will start to get warm climate wise around when Im flowering so Ill switch it then if i do continue to use it, as I don't need the fan power until then or the exhaust scrubbage.

any help on the bag/enclosure or other advice would be great, never had real deal fans before. I'm loving it

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

I would suggest a filter on the intake, and one for the exhaust. Simple.:pimp:

IMG 1166
IMG 1148
ScuzyRoach

ScuzyRoach

I use my fan to pull air directly from my room (lights unhooked from exhaust during winter) and have my filter just above the fan in the attic. If you cant put filter on outside of room you can put fan directly on filter to pull through it and run a short exhaust line to outside. If your'e not getting enough air intake there are always inline fans you can use to help boost intake. Simple filter as shown in pic will work on inside of room. You might want to use sulphur as preventive measure for powdery. I am in central cal and we get pm a lot around here too. best thing is to keep humidity down and thin plants and spray every couple weeks till buds are about 2-3 weeks old. Then just pray.
I checked and your fan should be big enough for that filter. Do you have and lights ect. also hooked up? If so than you may need a seperate fan for them which pulls air directly from outside of room and then out again (ie. not pulling air from room, wont be filtered)

5tickynubz

That filter is too small for a 6 inch vortex. I run the same fan with 8x24 Phat Filter and it's rated for 600 cfm. Phresh rates their 6x16 at 400 cfm so your definitely working that fan harder than it wants to be and could potentially shorten the life of the motor. It's recommended to get a filter one step up from your fan.

R

radical farmer

Would you be able to put a carbon filter on an inline fan for intake? I tried this once and it made the room reek like a dentists office! Carbon was all in the air, it made it so I could really not smell any plants! But is this good to be breathing in all that carbon? Should you filter your intake with a carbon filter?

T

tcurtiss

I bought a k&n filter from the auto shop to use on the intake

I noticed my filter and fans picking up alot of dust now it is not an issue and it is washable

Just wash all the oil from it and let it dry before using

Top Bottom