intake through water heater closet?

• Thread starter hashcat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

hashcat

alright so I just set up a new 4k stadium barw bulbs and am having an hvac question.

well I have a 12" exhaust plus 2 12" passive intakes but they are in the bathroom right behind the stadium, with door open. I want to more directly push air from outside right into my growzone with an 8" fan, but the only possible location to intake from is through a wall which leads to an outdoor water heater closet. the closet has a mini chimney goin up for the heater.

I'm wondering if I use this closet for intake will I possibly fuck up tje heater, or blow out the pilot, or cause a risk of CO to my plants or me??? I will obviously leave the outdoor closet door cracked so it would be sucking in fresh cool night air

thanks guys!

sedate

sedate

There are far too many variables here - and no pictures - to even begin to make some sort of accurate guess.

I run 4kW's of bare-bulbs as well and it takes some shit of air to cool the room.

Run it that way for a few days and see how the temps go.

It might work.

sky high

sky high

Get a Carbon monoxide detector. It will tell you instantly if you are sucking nasties back down the flue/etc. You can't SEE carbon monoxide...so don't risk making these adjustments without a detector present.

That goes for ALL of yaz!!

be safe, all

s h

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

alright so I just set up a new 4k stadium barw bulbs and am having an hvac question.

well I have a 12" exhaust plus 2 12" passive intakes but they are in the bathroom right behind the stadium, with door open. I want to more directly push air from outside right into my growzone with an 8" fan, but the only possible location to intake from is through a wall which leads to an outdoor water heater closet. the closet has a mini chimney goin up for the heater.

I'm wondering if I use this closet for intake will I possibly fuck up tje heater, or blow out the pilot, or cause a risk of CO to my plants or me??? I will obviously leave the outdoor closet door cracked so it would be sucking in fresh cool night air

thanks guys!

You will suck carbon monoxide from the room because if you notice the pipe at top of water heater has a small opening at bottom. This creates natural draft to draw up the exhaust gases from water heater. If you fuck with this flow you will suck up carbon monoxide.

H

hashcat

thanks man...that's what I had guessed. gotta figure something else out I guess, grrrr. thanks for the help

think I'm gonna set up the 8" fan amd someducting to relocate some of the airfrom the bathroom w/ intakes to within the stadium

Top Bottom