Intellidose

• Thread starter ganjatarian
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

ganjatarian

Intellidose

Is anyone else using this?

Do you have problems between AC/DC when using pumps and itellidose?

Im having trouble bringing down the EC dosing.... and getting different readings in the sample tank verses my 44 gallon tank...WTF... ive called the rep and have a new unit comming this week.... arggggg.

These are great if you think you want to have a life and leave for a few days....
Every feel married to your grow?

G

O

Oaksterman

Never had an Intellidose but did look at building my own system based on Hanna mini controllers and Welco pumps. Got the pumps for free, still have em, but never pulled the trigger for the Hanna meters/probes. Yes I was married to my grow...actually was 'married' to my girl who was growing and had to learn hydro to help out...anything for love I guess...lol.

I dunno...first thought is if you need to leave now and then is to get an over sized res.

G

ganjatarian

I dunno...first thought is if you need to leave now and then is to get an over sized res.

Or a guy like you who will stay and do it for the love of it...LOL Thanks oaksterman and I say go for it and get everything automated. I was intimidated but its made it alot easier so far.

G

R

Rural_GrowOp

You have to keep us updated on the progress of this and also your likes dislikes. I have been doing some ground work for designing my own and would like to know these things to improve upon whats currently available.

O

Oaksterman

You have to keep us updated on the progress of this and also your likes dislikes. I have been doing some ground work for designing my own and would like to know these things to improve upon whats currently available.
It's been awhile but looked into various systems and thought the best way to go, for me, were Hanna mini controllers and probes. Hanna has a KILLER but very expensive industrial grade flat tip self cleaning pH probe that needs to be calibrated like every 6 months and lasts a loooong time. I had a constant monitoring Hanna pH meter and that probe lasted 6 months. Welco pumps are great but expensive. Think they are 24v but easy to get a plug in wall unit to convert 120v. There was another company, US based, that was coming out with a new design, their old one sucked, and was gonna run off 120v and at least half the price of the Welco gear. If you dig around I'm sure you can find them.

I was actually looking at doing a pH controller similar to the pH Nanny and market it but never followed through.

O

Oaksterman

Took me an hour to track down the information...lol.

www.aptinstruments.com but you'll have to dig through their site for the pumps most appropriate to what we're talking about.

D

diesel

have u guys heard of bluelab stuff, they do off the shelf dosers etc which i have heard p
works reasonably well.

Personally im scared of them if the ph probe breaks the unit will dump the acid in your nutrient tank which can kill your plants in a few days. I know if u change the probe regurally the chances are low, but i could never afford to lose one :).

PEace

Latest posts

Top Bottom