Intense smell during veg?

• Thread starter irishboiii
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
irishboiii

irishboiii

Just making this thread to hear you guys experiences with strong smell during veg?

Its not a problem for me now that I have the fan and carbon filter set up, but if I turn them off the smell gets REALLY strong within an hour or two, and mine are only 3 weeks old lol

Is it normal for them to put out such a strong smell so early in veg?

johnnyrotten

johnnyrotten

don't ever turn the fan and filter off...

I've never had plants that smelled in veg before...what do they smell like?

irishboiii

irishboiii

Well its ok to turn it off for an hour or two at this stage, it takes a while for the smell to build up at this stage. But after a few hours it gets intense. Iv decided that Il turn it of for an hour or so every night while I still can just to prolong the life of the fan and filter.

The smell smells like..... weed :-D

johnnyrotten

johnnyrotten

I'd keep it on 24/7 simply because you need airflow in your tent...I mean, that filter is gonna last 6-12mo...it's gonna last a couple runs...it's not worth the penalty if some of that smell slips out of your apt and you get busted...

Ambre

Ambre

I notice the most odor from my veg plants when the lights go off. Johnnyrotten is right, though - you need to keep air moving through the garden. Stagnant air allows humidity to build up, which will result in problems such as mold, fungus, etc. Do you have any fans inside the garden to circulate air or just the fan/filter unit? I usually have at least 2 smaller size fans inside the tent to keep air moving.

irishboiii

irishboiii

I have an oscilating fan blowing on the plants, and when I turn off the fan & filter for an hour or two I open the tent up and open my windows and doors (I can get away with this at night as I live in an apartment between lots of daytime buisnesses, so Im the only one in the whole area at night).

My main motive behind it is to give the fan a break every so often so that it doesnt break down when its actually badly needed. I can get away with doing this for now without causing any problems.

Billyboat

Billyboat

I have an oscilating fan blowing on the plants, and when I turn off the fan & filter for an hour or two I open the tent up and open my windows and doors (I can get away with this at night as I live in an apartment between lots of daytime buisnesses, so Im the only one in the whole area at night).

My main motive behind it is to give the fan a break every so often so that it doesnt break down when its actually badly needed. I can get away with doing this for now without causing any problems.

I have max fans that have been running for years continuously. I've never burnt an inline fan up

seaslug

seaslug

An inline fan cools itself. The standard advice is to use a speed reducer but besides throbbing vibration, the fan can be expected to run hotter. I believe in matching the right fan to the job in the first place.

irishboiii

irishboiii

How would it reduce its life though?

If you guys reckon its fine to never be switched off Il take your advice. I just heard that winflex TT fans are not that great and can break down.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I had a few strains that were vegetatively dank (yes, i made up a new word)

I had a cheap 'no name brand' made in china fan that i ran 24/7....just keep it running dude.

straincreation

straincreation

I have an og thay fucking stinks though it whole life cycle. Once you break tissue on this girl it smells like week 4 flowers. Ive had her around for years now and she stays just as dank. When I clone it smells like my trim room shes some of the best most dense genetics I got. I wish I new her parents but sadly this cut was passed down from a circle of growers who is pretty conservative about it and did not share her backround, her alias is the push og. My guess is cause she produces and moves weight like a mofo.
Hapoy farmin;)

Top Bottom