Interesting Paper On Vpd And Flushing

• Thread starter OldManRiver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Madmax

Madmax

What do you do bud in last week or so.i normally give nutes right through every fortnight and sometimes give them there last feed 7 days till harvest then just water once -twice then thats it...ive never had bad tasting gear being organically grown...keen to know what you do..

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

The plant can give u mixed messages if u think u are a plant whisperer lol. Jus cus a plants color fades doesnt always mean it is in need of food, there are alot of things plants do that can be taken the wrong way if u dont know how to grow. Also flushing with water isnt the cause for leaf fade so whoever said u are starving ur plant the last 2 weeks is not correct. I have my current grow fading and changing colors now and I didnt even stop feeding yet. And i do use plain water the end of its life but not to flush the plants, to save money on nutes that wont help the plant the end of its life. The vpd chart is real and I appreciate the poster using actual peer reviewed papers

Changing color naturally for the strain doesn’t leave the leaves looking pale and thin as I described.

I have posted colorful plants here that were being fed still.

And if I flush my plants for two weeks they go yellow and deficient unless I have fed too much. Which I try so hard not to do. There just won’t be enough nutrients left in the 3 gallon pots I use.

I don’t think I meant what you are arguing.

And I certainly don’t think I am a “plant whisperer”. The signals I described are pretty universal to plants and I look to my environment first. And any grower error I may have made by reviewing notes.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

I have my current grow fading and changing colors now and I didnt even stop feeding yet
Yes ' I have plants that fade hard at 60 days even if your still feeding them.
DSCN0702

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

What problem?
I have been growing cannabis off and on since 1972. Back in the early days plant finnishing time where more in-line with the maturation of the glands. Meaning the senescence between trichome maturity and the plant death where closer to the same time frame. With a lot of the hybrids today I have noticed you can harvest the trich's long before the plant actually starts to senescence.
I'm not say all hybrid do but the majority that I've run do.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I second this

You can’t really undo what you’ve toasted. I be found in my grows, a smooth clean smoke results from fading. I can tell the difference big time. Flushing shitloads of water through all at once not so much

Agree with your statement.

Flushing as we all know it is to relieve effects of overferting. To reduce salt levels in the rhizoshpere/rootzone. The flushing most fellas are talking about is a useless endeavor. Allowing a natural fade has the best effect. Once most minerals are set in the plant dumping 10 gallons of fresh water isn't going to translocate whats already set in the plants tissues. :D

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I have been growing cannabis off and on since 1972. Back in the early days plant finnishing time where more in-line with the maturation of the glands. Meaning the senescence between trichome maturity and the plant death where closer to the same time frame. With a lot of the hybrids today I have noticed you can harvest the trich's long before the plant actually starts to senescence.
I'm not say all hybrid do but the majority that I've run do.

That explains a lot of the common instructions to do things like flush or stop feeding as they mature.

All the hybrids I have grown could have lived longer than peak trichome production. Even old classics like black widow or g13/diesel crosses.

Some of the more sativas heavy old sensei seed genetic crosses had colorful trichomes that were still maturing. Confused the hell out of me at the time. Purple, red and even violet or bluish and transparent amber as well.

Very psychoactive strains they were. Have you seen this on older plants?

Therighthigh

Therighthigh

Haha so much knowledge on this post,im on my 3rd grow now and feel like my crop was effected by this same topic. im just saying thanks cause i now understand the difference in flushing and fading. and i was a noob running water thru the soil 3x the pot. just cut back on nutes and keep it rolling. good looking out guys!

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Haha so much knowledge on this post,im on my 3rd grow now and feel like my crop was effected by this same topic. im just saying thanks cause i know understand the difference in flushing and fading. and i was a noob running water thru the soil 3x the pot. just cut back on nutes and keep it rolling. good looking out guys!
The farm is classic for debunking the old myths. I try and learn somethin new every time I get on here. We are all improving and it’s cool. Sometimes we gotta wraastle in the mud a bit and scrap it out, but that’s how farm boys express themselves at times lol. Full a piss n vinegar

P

PharmHand

When academic research is presented on the internet, it is among the most believable things you will find on the internet.
Haha but still the general gist of it says there’s no point in feeding the last two weeks as it made no difference in yield! All I know is you’ll never win any competitions with unflushed bud! Flavor, smoothness if you are a true connoisseur you can tell the difference. I find it funny that people will say “flushing is a myth” but the same guys will say they only give pure water the last week or so??!! Lol. Arguing over semantics. If that one bugs ya how bout calling a different seed from the same cross/plant a different “pheno”. Everybody does it. But it’s wrong- semantics . It’s a genotype, every seed is a different genotype from one another regardless of cross. Point is we’re a bunch of stoners that don’t necessarily use the correct terminology lol

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Haha but still the general gist of it says there’s no point in feeding the last two weeks as it made no difference in yield! All I know is you’ll never win any competitions with unflushed bud! Flavor, smoothness if you are a true connoisseur you can tell the difference. I find it funny that people will say “flushing is a myth” but the same guys will say they only give pure water the last week or so??!! Lol. Arguing over semantics. If that one bugs ya how bout calling a different seed from the same cross/plant a different “pheno”. Everybody does it. But it’s wrong- semantics . It’s a genotype, every seed is a different genotype from one another regardless of cross. Point is we’re a bunch of stoners that don’t necessarily use the correct terminology lol
The myth being the 3x the volume water blastin ya ding dong. Lol. Just wants to wrastle more :D fading is not flushing at all. I only give water at the end cause I got all kinds a shit still doing it’s thang in the soil. Sorry for getting so very technical on ya lol

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter

You call your stuff and processes what you like and i’ll speak my mind and say, the term should be fade not flush. So that when you’re talking about an actual flush, such as running x times of water thru the medium, people don’t confuse it with the last weeks of growth when chloropyll breaks down and generally the processes of plant metabolism slows down, and vice versa.
Being a stoner has nothing to do with it. You can be a stoner and use the correct semantic and syntagmatic structure when communicating with each other. It’s a little effort at first but you’ll get use to it.

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

You call your stuff and processes what you like and i’ll speak my mind and say, the term should be fade not flush. So that when you’re talking about an actual flush, such as running x times of water thru the medium, people don’t confuse it with the last weeks of growth when chloropyll breaks down and generally the processes of plant metabolism slows down, and vice versa.
Being a stoner has nothing to do with it. You can be a stoner and use the correct semantic and syntagmatic structure when communicating with each other. It’s a little effort at first but you’ll get use to it.
Gol dang Crimson. You and your book learninz. I’m just a dumb Stoney Mcstonerson maaaan. :D:D You lost me at syntagmatic, but my canna crazed mind was keepin up till thurr

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Gol dang Crimson. You and your book learninz. I’m just a dumb Stoney Mcstonerson maaaan. :D:D You lost me at syntagmatic, but my canna crazed mind was keepin up till thurr

I can express myself in my native tongue so much better. This is my second language, i do what i can. :D

... google can’t even save me. What’s a unit!? Like an lb!?:p

Hahahaha. Trust me, name creates a big hype, its actually so basic when you get the meaning :D

Top Bottom