Interesting Point For Marijuana Legalization

• Thread starter 69aarviper
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
69aarviper

69aarviper

If Pot Were Legal, No One Would Grow it in the Woods
Can you even think of anything besides marijuana that is grown secretly in the woods? Of course not, because hiking over mountains through dense underbrush with pounds of fertilizer on your back is so stupid and crazy that no one would ever do it unless there were millions of dollars at stake. Unfortunately, there actually are people making millions off these operations and the U.S. Congress is so fed up with the situation that they've issued a resolution demanding that something be done about it.

Supporting the goal of eradicating illicit marijuana cultivation on Federal lands and calling on the Director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy to develop a coordinated strategy to permanently dismantle Mexican drug trafficking organizations operating on Federal lands.

Whereas Mexican drug trafficking organizations have established robust and dangerous marijuana plantations on Federal lands managed by the United States Forest Service and the Bureau of Land Management;

Whereas the Office of National Drug Control Policy reported that 1,800,000 marijuana plants were eradicated from Federal lands in 2006, 2,890,000 marijuana plants were eradicated in 2007, and 4,000,000 marijuana plants:confused0054: were eradicated in 2008;

The list of grievances doesn’t stop there, and I can assure these morons that it will only get longer as we persist in looking to people like the drug czar for solutions. We've had a "coordinated strategy" for dealing with this mess for quite a few years now and it horribly sucks. Ironically, you couldn't design a better plan for causing pot growing in our forests than the government's so-called strategy for preventing it. That's why they keep finding more plants every year.

If you don't want Mexican gangsters growing marijuana in the woods, then it's time to allow people who aren't Mexican gangsters to grow marijuana somewhere that isn’t the woods.:harvest:

by Scott Morgan, December 08, 2010, 06:42pm

StoptheDrugWar.org • 1623 Connecticut Ave., NW, 3rd Floor • Washington DC 20009
Phone (202) 293-8340 • Fax (202) 293-8344 • Email • Privacy Policy
Dude!

H

-hydrofarmer-

If Pot Were Legal, No One Would Grow it in the Woods
Can you even think of anything besides marijuana that is grown secretly in the woods? Of course not, because hiking over mountains through dense underbrush with pounds of fertilizer on your back is so stupid and crazy that no one would ever do it unless there were millions of dollars at stake. Unfortunately, there actually are people making millions off these operations and the U.S. Congress is so fed up with the situation that they've issued a resolution demanding that something be done about it.

Supporting the goal of eradicating illicit marijuana cultivation on Federal lands and calling on the Director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy to develop a coordinated strategy to permanently dismantle Mexican drug trafficking organizations operating on Federal lands.

Whereas Mexican drug trafficking organizations have established robust and dangerous marijuana plantations on Federal lands managed by the United States Forest Service and the Bureau of Land Management;

Whereas the Office of National Drug Control Policy reported that 1,800,000 marijuana plants were eradicated from Federal lands in 2006, 2,890,000 marijuana plants were eradicated in 2007, and 4,000,000 marijuana plants:confused0054: were eradicated in 2008;

The list of grievances doesn’t stop there, and I can assure these morons that it will only get longer as we persist in looking to people like the drug czar for solutions. We've had a "coordinated strategy" for dealing with this mess for quite a few years now and it horribly sucks. Ironically, you couldn't design a better plan for causing pot growing in our forests than the government's so-called strategy for preventing it. That's why they keep finding more plants every year.

If you don't want Mexican gangsters growing marijuana in the woods, then it's time to allow people who aren't Mexican gangsters to grow marijuana somewhere that isn’t the woods.:harvest:

by Scott Morgan, December 08, 2010, 06:42pm

StoptheDrugWar.org • 1623 Connecticut Ave., NW, 3rd Floor • Washington DC 20009
Phone (202) 293-8340 • Fax (202) 293-8344 • Email • Privacy Policy
Dude!

I agree 100% Bro good thread:)

M

MerchantService

Seattle Times Editor endorses Legalization of Marijuana

The Seattle Times became the first major newspaper to endorse the legalization of Marijuana.
Ryan Blethen, Times editorial page editor writes:' My argument was that the war against marijuana was a loser. It is a drain on law-enforcement resources and precious government funds. I also pointed out that by legalizing cannabis it cuts off a major source of funds for cartels and gangs."
Click here to read the entire article.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I hope this isn`t an other push to pass something like prop 19 again! What a desaster that would have been! Now if your thinking something on the lines of CCI or framing something like the idea jack Herer had I`m all for it! I`m just not going to ever vote for taxes,controls,or prohibitation of growing in any way-even if you use terms like legalisation in the wording to trying to fool me!

P

pikes peak 69

Government will never be for Legalization. It will take away to many jobs. Police officers, judges, attorneys, parole officers, prison staff and rehab staff.
In Colorado here there was a county up north of Denver that the Sheriff commented that 40% of his budget was taken up my marijuana whether or not it was medical.
Pharmaceuticals would tank, stock market would crash, the list goes on. It's always more profitable for the government to keep something illegal.
In Colorado here, MMJ has been a boom for the government yet remains illegal on a federal level. Why would they change that. Rip patients off for $9M and charge over $7M in start up fees, and your still illegal in the eyes of the feds. The state won't back you in anyway, but they put more then 100 people to work WATCHING over your illegal activity's.

JMHO,
pp69

Top Bottom