internet connection sugestions needed

• Thread starter markscastle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
First off I live off grid at 3200 ft. In northern CA. I had AT @T lightning connected to my USB on my old computer but canalled service. When the hardrive failed. Now have a new laptop and looking into suggestions to get connected again. Looking for something better than a Sierra wireless, maybe something with an amphiphifyed antina? Also a company that doesn't slow service or make you time out when your downloading programs like AT &T does. Must offer 5+ gigs per month or more.

Blaze

Blaze

There are more and more smaller companies that use high speed radio based data technology to get high speed internet in rural areas. As far as I know none of the big companies like AT&T are using this technology so check with your local providers. We were finally able to get decent internet out where we are at thanks to this type of wireless broadband. It isn't quite as fast as the Comcast we had when we lived in town, but it is much faster and cheaper than satellite internet and there are no 2-year contracts, it's just month-to-month. Only major downside is you need direct line of sight to one of the relays to get it.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
No line of sight in these hills. Cell towers are several peeks away as well. It costs bunches for satellite phone with broadband and cheapest service is still 1.06 a min. I m thinking nextel or sprint / cell to usb but do they have amphicated anti? Hard to look up on this smart phone.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Looking into Hughesnet and Wildblue.

Latest posts

Top Bottom