Introducing myself

• Thread starter LJ66
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LJ66

LJ66

Hi growers, I’ve been reading a while and I think I should say hi to the community.

I’m quite new to growing, just at final stage of my second ever plant. I learned a lot the hard way the first time around and this time is much better.

I live in a tiny inner city studio so I’m growing one plant at a time. My mum was a bonsai gardener and plant training is very similar.

This is my gorgeous one gallon girl, a hybrid called Dream Girl. She is 12 weeks old today and on day 44 of flower. I have her in Canna Terra Professional with Dr Greenthumbs CalMag and diatomaceous earth added. I’m feeding her Ozi Magic Gro Juice organic nutrients. She’s under a Spider Farmer SF1000 in a tent that is 40x40x120 centimetres. I prefer these fabric pots to plastic.

She has not used up most of the space in this tent so my next baby girl will be a granddaddy purple in a 3 gallon.

Introducing myself
Introducing myself 2
Introducing myself 3
Introducing myself 4
R

ritoMox

Hi growers, I’ve been reading a while and I think I should say hi to the community.

I’m quite new to growing, just at final stage of my second ever plant. I learned a lot the hard way the first time around and this time is much better.

I live in a tiny inner city studio so I’m growing one plant at a time. My mum was a bonsai gardener and plant training is very similar.

This is my gorgeous one gallon girl, a hybrid called Dream Girl. She is 12 weeks old today and on day 44 of flower. I have her in Canna Terra Professional with Dr Greenthumbs CalMag and diatomaceous earth added. I’m feeding her Ozi Magic Gro Juice organic nutrients. She’s under a Spider Farmer SF1000 in a tent that is 40x40x120 centimetres. I prefer these fabric pots to plastic.

She has not used up most of the space in this tent so my next baby girl will be a granddaddy purple in a 3 gallon.
Very nice! How do you like the GeoPot? It looks like you are able to use it along with that saucer as a self-watering planter. I would ask if you have any issues doing that, but from the look of your lady, everything looks to be doing great. Thank you for the great post😊👍

R

ritoMox

I wanted to grow gdp this year. A mouse ate them all on day two of popping. Yours looks great 👍🏽
I’ll try again next year!
Ha! Those mice will do you in! I had a similar experience years ago. I was trying to grow in my open closet (no door) and I was using one of those cheap 1-gal planters with the 4 square drainage holes on the sides at the bottom. Shortly after planting the seed, I would notice a mound of soil outside of one of the drainage holes. This went on for about 1 week before I realized what was going on (I was a 15 year-old kid). By the time I realized that it was a mouse burrowing into the planter drainage hole, there was a pretty good sized mound of soil outside of the drainage hole. So I figured that I would outsmart the mouse by elevating the planter on a pedestal. I repotted and dropped a fresh seed (bag seed, so no loss). I had the planter inside of a milk crate and I was using one of those old beer light signs that you would see hanging in a bar. I just took the beer cover off and would just set the whole thing over the milk crate. It was a fluorescent bulb inside the beer sign. Well, elevating the planter was a fail. Right away I started seeing a new mound of dirt. The mouse was climbing up and getting in. Duh! One morning I saw the tricky little rodent. The timer kicked the light on and I just happened to look over and saw the mouse jump down and scurry away. Well, I searched around and found the mouse hole under my bed in a corner (Mobile home), so I set out a mouse trap. To shorten this long story, my cat ended up getting the mouse and I lived happily ever after😹

LJ66

LJ66

Very nice! How do you like the GeoPot? It looks like you are able to use it along with that saucer as a self-watering planter. I would ask if you have any issues doing that, but from the look of your lady, everything looks to be doing great. Thank you for the great post😊👍
Thank you. I love the geo pots especially because they have a velcro opening on one side which is handy when repotting or checking soil. That saucer is just to catch run off I water by hand.

And here is the gdp I mentioned, 2 weeks ago no just last night. Only 7 weeks and very hungry and busy.

FD363399 8CD9 4DBD 9D67 4E644859E45F
BF1CE453 FDA0 4F10 BE2B 07CA403CD651
LJ66

LJ66

Ha! Those mice will do you in! I had a similar experience years ago. I was trying to grow in my open closet (no door) and I was using one of those cheap 1-gal planters with the 4 square drainage holes on the sides at the bottom. Shortly after planting the seed, I would notice a mound of soil outside of one of the drainage holes. This went on for about 1 week before I realized what was going on (I was a 15 year-old kid). By the time I realized that it was a mouse burrowing into the planter drainage hole, there was a pretty good sized mound of soil outside of the drainage hole. So I figured that I would outsmart the mouse by elevating the planter on a pedestal. I repotted and dropped a fresh seed (bag seed, so no loss). I had the planter inside of a milk crate and I was using one of those old beer light signs that you would see hanging in a bar. I just took the beer cover off and would just set the whole thing over the milk crate. It was a fluorescent bulb inside the beer sign. Well, elevating the planter was a fail. Right away I started seeing a new mound of dirt. The mouse was climbing up and getting in. Duh! One morning I saw the tricky little rodent. The timer kicked the light on and I just happened to look over and saw the mouse jump down and scurry away. Well, I searched around and found the mouse hole under my bed in a corner (Mobile home), so I set out a mouse trap. To shorten this long story, my cat ended up getting the mouse and I lived happily ever after😹
haha bloody mice. you can stop up holes with steel wool pot scourers that mieces can’t chew through. Another trick to keep them away is to put a container of used kitty litter with vent holes anywhere you have seen mouse activity. The smell of cat pee keeps them away.

sambapati

sambapati

haha bloody mice. you can stop up holes with steel wool pot scourers that mieces can’t chew through. Another trick to keep them away is to put a container of used kitty litter with vent holes anywhere you have seen mouse activity. The smell of cat pee keeps them away.
and if you don't like cats the smell of coffee grounds tends to keep them away. We have big rats that I've seen outside but no mice. Almost everyone in a neighborhood of 150 houses has multiple cats and dogs, except a few hold outs. Pretty amazingly strong looking stalk on that first picture..add my welcome to the Farm and glad you're here.

LJ66

LJ66

and if you don't like cats the smell of coffee grounds tends to keep them away. We have big rats that I've seen outside but no mice. Almost everyone in a neighborhood of 150 houses has multiple cats and dogs, except a few hold outs. Pretty amazingly strong looking stalk on that first picture..add my welcome to the Farm and glad you're here.
what do you mean if you don’t like cats? Lol seriously I can’t deny that coffee smells better than cat pee

C

creekfox

I think your little lady looks fantastic. Bang up job.

Top Bottom