Introducing the moon cycle into indoor growing with a DIY LED

• Thread starter Danksgiving
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dogznova

dogznova

The gas lantern technique is def cool.. I need to study it myself.. But based on how the plants see the world (basically like an infra red image) I would have to guess they see the gas lantern as 730nm. Flame or fire to the plants eyes is far red 730nm and higher and some of the red spectrum.

My guess is diminishing light is the same way.. It's all about how the plants see the light not how human eyes see the light..

burn4me

burn4me

wow....this blew my mind. very interesting debate/info. im sure it sparks such a diverse collective of opinions. more probably so to do with farmers having ways they are stuck in. but i myself am going to do more research on this. it makes very good sense though being that outside light, magnetic pull, and so much else come into play in natural plant life cycles. it would only make sense that if you have knowledge of how to replicate this condition that you would at least try to replicate this inside. either way glad to have stumbled into this thread. usually the hi-tek shit throws me off but i slighty grasp this one. thanks guys

ChRonic73

ChRonic73

I probably only understand a percentage of this, but I had to necromance this thread, simply because I like geeking out on some this stuff..good stuff DogzNova

99% of the light that makes it back to earth from the moons reflection is 730/740nm. That spectrum to the plant makes it's internal clock run faster.

Depending on the moons phase.. The night time spectrum outdoors is runing faster then indoor darkness. Outdoors at night has far red 730/740 present.

On nights when there is a full moon for example, the far red saturation is at it's highest level making the plants internal clock run fast. Then the cycle starts over until another full moon is reached approx every 29 days or so.

Then comes along these two moon cycles.. Whats called "The harvest Moon" and the "Hunters Moon" cycles. If you look at those two VERY distinct moon cycles.. They tell the rest of the far red 730/740 story. The harvest moon ripens up our food source and our favorite girls like to ripen up just around the Hunters moon cycle (mid OCT in the northern hemisphere).

Here is a link that talks about the Hunters and Harvest moons cycles. These two moon cycles are very important in the ripping process.

Harvest and Hunter's moons

A harvest moon
"Harvest Moon" and "Hunter's Moon" are traditional terms for the full moons occurring in autumn, usually in September and October, respectively. The "Harvest Moon" is the full moon closest to autumnal equinox, and the "Hunter's Moon" is the one following it. The names are recorded from the early 18th century. OED for "Harvest Moon" cites a 1706 reference, and for "Hunter's Moon" a 1710 edition of The British Apollo , where the term is attributed to "the country people" (The Country People call this the Hunters-Moon.) The names became traditional in American folklore, where they are now often popularly attributed to "the Native Americans". The Feast of the Hunters' Moon is a yearly festival in Lafayette, Indiana, held in late September or early October each year since 1968. In 2010, the Harvest moon occurred on the night of equinox itself (some 5½ hours after the point of equinox) for the first time since 1991.

All full moons rise around the time of sunset. Because the moon orbits the earth in the same direction the earth is rotating, the moon rises later each day – on average about 50.47 minutes later each day [11] The Harvest Moon and Hunter's Moon are unique because the time difference between moonrises on successive evenings is much shorter than average. The moon rises approximately 30 minutes later from one night to the next, as seen from about 40 degrees N or S latitude. Thus, there is no long period of darkness between sunset and moonrise for several days following the actual date of the full moon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full_moon

Another link about the harvest moon cycle.
http://earthsky.org/space/harvest-moon-2

Top Bottom