Introducing Walter Green "Old School"

• Thread starter Scotsloch
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Scotsloch

Hello everyone :)
Coming back here to learn more about breeding is pretty intimidating,..
I have always known the farm to have the best breeders and growers under the sun. That being said,
I am an old school guy, solo novice backyard breeder. Be kind, I do not know the breeding lingo for the most part but, I once was amerced so hoping to get back the knowledge I once had. I mean, what better place to pick up again then the very site and family I started out with.
I know this will sound far fetched but here it goes.
13 to 17 years ago, I put a handful of beans away to play with another day.
Last summer, (with disbelief) I found said beans and tried to germ the lot of em; 32 seeds. They'd been wrapped properly, stored properly but, damn they was old lol.. TBH, I had put those beans away I think 15 to 17 years ago but, memory isn't what it use to be and my grow logs and breeding logs are vague as to accurate times within two to three years. Lost track of everything in my life during and after those surgeries. Bare with me..
After giving the 32 beans a good peroxide bath and a good long nutrient soak, I went to town trying to get a bean to pop. Months went by using various method in groups of 6 to 8. But, nothing! eventually made it down to 2 seeds. I said f'k it, just popped em into soil old school style, let em sit and watched intently. Few days went by with nothing. My heart was like 'F$#k'n' beans are just too old and I just let em sit too long ya know. So, I put the containers to the side, wrote it off as a learning experience and went about my day. Next morning, I'm walking by my veg room and caught a glimpse of this yellowish fold on top of one of the containers. I back shuffled a couple steps, looked over and sure as hell, there was one lil seedling reaching for he sky. Man, I was so stoked I did a mini dance in the grow room. Plants loved it I'm sure hahaha! :)
1 bean out of 32 popped. You can damn sure bet I took high advantage of that one plant.
After taking a few clones, I immediately threw momma into flower to clone stressed her to split sex. Long shot but, it did work . I saved the pollen and am now, in my second phase/gen BB re-stabilizing the original lineup and, - Currently in parallel,. I'm moving forward with a Brother/ sister -- F1 --Also cross breeding with new benefactors. Such as Norther Lights, Humboldt Squirt (not a fan of this one over all but, it holds certain traits i find desirable for breeding into Walter) and Humboldt Vanilla Cream Pie. This addition is going to be interesting to say the least. HVCP is a 70 I and 30 S as Walter is complete flip. Genetic lineups are my concentration so I chose wisely I think and hope it all works out solid.
My breeding history,.
Started breeding after a solid brother here on the farm gifted me some of his beans he'd been working on. He helped me from the beginning and thrust me into the very love I have to date with cannabis and the cannabis family.
My motivation for growing and breeding cannabis is organic.. I have epilepsy as well as TBI and more injuries from a 35 ft fall off a 12x12 pitch log cabin roof.. Multiple C-spine surgeries with massive hardware in place..
to sum it up.. I have tons of medical issues so my motivation has always been to help control my seizures, pain and more as naturally as possible. Bless this plant in all its form.,.
Moving on,..
The strain was more of a lineup then a name. Never had a name so, Walter Green is now the calling card for her.
After being gifted the seeds and growing one plant "back in the day" I was a bit overwhelmed with its anxiety factor. Don't get me wrong, I'm eternally grateful for the strain and even more honored to have been gifted such amazing history from such an amazing person.,. But it was quite a bit much for me to handle.
Over all the plant had 90% desirable traits, just needed a tweak.., took me a long time to learn how to backcross some base geno's to help reduce that overpowering anxiety factor but I eventually succeeded. I eventually crossed her with Dark star too and it worked out really well.
Walter is a solid strain, super potent (a bit too much imo) super aggressive as all hell in all stages and categories. Just a viable strong stable strain over multiple generations with a couple cross factors in the beginning as to help bring down the anxiety and dial in more maternal terp traits. Also added compatible backcross to help try and shorten flower times without compromising the over all potency and abundant cannabinoids. It doesn't stretch as vertical anymore but, flower times are still 75 to 120 days. Depends on your preference. She's amazing at 75. Super cerebral, energetic and borderline psycidelic ;) 100 to 120 days and she's spot on balance. No couch lock with this girl. Not very many amber trichs no matter how long you let her go. She'll milk up90% around 75days. That's why I chose 75 days as it's perfectly milky at that time. after that you can dial a time and get exactly what you're aiming for as far as lifting or mildly sedative. Never know Walter to be very sedative but, the Dark star def dialed out that anxiety so, up to the grower when they harvest for optimum personal desired experience..
For reference.. my son named this strain.
He walked into the living room one day and said "damn pops, you're the Walter white of weed" I'm like wtf does that even mean man... He laughed and, same day He had me watch a season of Breaking Bad...and now I kind of understand. I am not a mad scientist meth maker, but, I'm From NM, my Walter produces seriously blue hue trichs, isn't half bad and well,.. my health issues I suppose lol :) Guess the shit fits a little.

Now, I may have some of my lineage out of place and not solid on breeding lingo anymore. it is as accurate as I remember though..
Constructive crit is welcome and any advice is welcome. Been a very long time..
WALTER GREEN
HISTORY and details.
Paternal
-- Chem/ = (original)Superskunk,

This strain: Chem and Dark Star, are Specifically added for multiple reasons but mainly for there over all friendly and compatible nature in regards to breeding staiva dominants with high success rates in overall stable cannabinoids, genotype and phenotypic attributes. Physical and environmental.
impo, These male selections have a greater effect on the over all pollination and germination success with Walter.
Walter X Dark Star -controlled pollination, unstable
Walter X Back..S1 controlled pollination- stable- consistent pheno, geno, physical. stable too environmental influences with minor variations outdoor or indoor..75% viability and physical trait consistencies over 2 generations thus far.
Walter F1 ... Controlled pollination (first re-gen brother/sister)
ADDED Paternal --- CROSS X Dark Star
continued...
Both benefactors are used for stable reference to help maintain flesh, coat, and other physical traits that promote maternal influence to sustain longevity, vitality and generational viability... and of course, potency.
XX -- Killer Queen/ Hybrid = Airborne G13 X Cinderella 99 stable
thc - 16 - 20 CBD .62
I /50 - S /50
XX -- Cherry Slyder/ Hybrid = Northern Lights # 4 X Afghani
THC - 19 - 24 CBD 0.52 - 1.0
I/ 50 - S /50
XX -- Cherry/ Indica dom = Cherrie Pie X ChemDog x Bx3 stable
thc - 15 - 22 CBD 2
I /70 - S/ 30
XX -- "Skunk #1" Sativa dom = original strain 1970, Afghani Indica X Acapulco Gold Mexican sativa X Colombian Gold sativa lineage -unstable
THC - 16 - 19 CBD- .13 to 1.2
I 10 S 90
XX-x Dark Star-- Indica - strong male intro-

Introducing walter green old school
Introducing walter green old school 2
Introducing walter green old school 3
Introducing walter green old school 4
Introducing walter green old school 5
Introducing walter green old school 9
Introducing walter green old school 10
Introducing walter green old school 11
Introducing walter green old school 9