Introduction - Help Needed Please

• Thread starter Newbgrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Newbgrower

Hi all,
I'm a long time reader Of The forum and have been amazed by the helpfulness Of The members and the wealth of knowledge available... so I decided to join up. I'm wondering if any of you can offer me some assistance as my girls are in a state of sos
I'm growing in 100% coco using Canna Coco a and b, supplementing with cal mag, Rhizotonic and cannazyme following their "light feeding" recommendations on the official grow guide. I'm in week 4 of veg from seed the girls are in 15l pots with approx 10ltr of medium in each, I'm watering with nutrients every other day at ph between 5.5-5.8 making sure to get reasonable run off.
I've got 2x "900w" (actual power 4520w) viparspectra LEDs running on veg only and a 600w MH currently running at 250w all on 20/4 schedule. Temps don't ever exceed 27C.
Everything was going great until approx 5 days ago, I discovered slugs were eating my ladies, I treated with slug pellets on the floor of the tent and sprinkled some on top of the medium in the pots with the girls.
I've got problems and I can't for the life of me figure out what's wrong. I've attached a load of pictures.
Please help!

Introduction   help needed please
Introduction   help needed please 2
Introduction   help needed please 3
Introduction   help needed please 4
Introduction   help needed please 5
Introduction   help needed please 6
Introduction   help needed please 7
Introduction   help needed please 8
Introduction   help needed please 9
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Hi all,
I'm a long time reader Of The forum and have been amazed by the helpfulness Of The members and the wealth of knowledge available... so I decided to join up. I'm wondering if any of you can offer me some assistance as my girls are in a state of sos
I'm growing in 100% coco using Canna Coco a and b, supplementing with cal mag, Rhizotonic and cannazyme following their "light feeding" recommendations on the official grow guide. I'm in week 4 of veg from seed the girls are in 15l pots with approx 10ltr of medium in each, I'm watering with nutrients every other day at ph between 5.5-5.8 making sure to get reasonable run off.
I've got 2x "900w" (actual power 4520w) viparspectra LEDs running on veg only and a 600w MH currently running at 250w all on 20/4 schedule. Temps don't ever exceed 27C.
Everything was going great until approx 5 days ago, I discovered slugs were eating my ladies, I treated with slug pellets on the floor of the tent and sprinkled some on top of the medium in the pots with the girls.
I've got problems and I can't for the life of me figure out what's wrong. I've attached a load of pictures.
Please help!
your slug problem can be solved with powder crush egg shells,cuts um up before they get to plant,double down and get a piece of 1/4 cooper tubing,bend in a circle and put it about 3 in circle around the stem,,but honestly friend ,you got more than that going on,might check your pens cause the ph is surely out of whack it looks to me,i grew in coco one time and never again,,but i was feeding them bitchs daily,if you have some humic fulvic soluable run it threw your pots it will get you back up and running,just what i would do ,someone will chime in here in a bit and spit out flush it,im against that,but humic fulvic will get you back on track and then you can start your feed as you have,,but i would def check the pen in your case,,the ole trusty drops always tell the truth at this point

N

Newbgrower

your slug problem can be solved with powder crush egg shells,cuts um up before they get to plant,double down and get a piece of 1/4 cooper tubing,bend in a circle and put it about 3 in circle around the stem,,but honestly friend ,you got more than that going on,might check your pens cause the ph is surely out of whack it looks to me,i grew in coco one time and never again,,but i was feeding them bitchs daily,if you have some humic fulvic soluable run it threw your pots it will get you back up and running,just what i would do ,someone will chime in here in a bit and spit out flush it,im against that,but humic fulvic will get you back on track and then you can start your feed as you have,,but i would def check the pen in your case,,the ole trusty drops always tell the truth at this point
Thank you very much for replying, I will check my ph pens asap. I don't have humic\fulvic that I'm aware of, nutes on hand are as follows
CaMg, CannaA and B, superthrive, Rhizotonic, cannazyme, Cannaboost, advanced nutrients 3 part. Do any of them contain it?

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Thank you very much for replying, I will check my ph pens asap. I don't have humic\fulvic that I'm aware of, nutes on hand are as follows
CaMg, CannaA and B, superthrive, Rhizotonic, cannazyme, Cannaboost, advanced nutrients 3 part. Do any of them contain it?
i dont know anything about all these nutrients these days,so cant say,gotta say though thats alot of stuff going in there,i dont know right off hand were you can get it as in right now,but i buy all my stuff from kelp4less,i have a discount code there,tell you something else ,i would try my worst plant,take it out of pot and see what roots look like,just let it dry a bit were the whole thing comes out as a plug

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

wait you running 2 difrent nutrient lines here,canna a&b,3 part advance nutrients,why if so

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

No running Canna Coco range, I had the other stuff anyway. Mentioned it as I don't know if any contain humic\fulvic.
ok just went and blazed and read again with a right mind hahahha said what,lol look at the labels should tell you how much everything is,but that 1 plant above has the curl going on it,thats why i double looked at it,do you also use the super thrive,i looked at that and here folk using it alot,but if it is great for tomatos gotta be good,tomato plants love nitrogen and when they set they turn to calcium whores

H

hawkman

the main issue is "too much" canna nutrients which are very strong consider 1/4 amounts and go from their - also how many times are you feeding in a weeks time (twice ? three? = these are the most x's per week). I'm sure what was mentioned will work for your issue - but flushing the plant for a week with just water will work and cost nothing

N

Newbgrower

All from seed, incredible bulk, dream machine, caranelino and northern lights

H

hawkman

All from seed, incredible bulk, dream machine, caranelino and northern lights
incredible bulk" was the shittest plant evergrown and have heard many bad things about Dr. Kippling's incredible bu;lk should be call"Incredible rippoff" that is you issue with that strain (the other breeders ?) NL and carnelino are good genetic's =- dream machine ?

Rcubed

Rcubed

i dont know anything about all these nutrients these days,so cant say,gotta say though thats alot of stuff going in there,i dont know right off hand were you can get it as in right now,but i buy all my stuff from kelp4less,i have a discount code there,tell you something else ,i would try my worst plant,take it out of pot and see what roots look like,just let it dry a bit were the whole thing comes out as a plug
I agree. Check the roots. You said you had slugs. They might be in your roots. I've had slugs get in the root balls and kill plants

N

Newbgrower

I agree. Check the roots. You said you had slugs. They might be in your roots. I've had slugs get in the root balls and kill plants
Thank you all for your help so far, how do I go about giving the roots a thorough checking without causing the plant additional stress? I've got quite a lot of medium to sift through in order to properly check it. Also if it is slugs feeding in the rootzone how do you suggest I deal with them?

N

Newbgrower

I really am at a loss on this as I did my research thoroughly before I started.
I've maintained optimum ph levels, temperature, humidity, and I have fed them with nutrients specific to my medium in the basis of low ppms little and often making sure the rootzone never dries out. Up until the slugs arrived they were doing very well

Rcubed

Rcubed

Thank you all for your help so far, how do I go about giving the roots a thorough checking without causing the plant additional stress? I've got quite a lot of medium to sift through in order to properly check it. Also if it is slugs feeding in the rootzone how do you suggest I deal with them?
If it is slugs you'll have to pick them out. They'll keep eating your roots till your plant is dead. First I'd shine a light in the holes on the bottom of the plant. If you see even 1 slug you're going to have to take the plant out of the pot by first squeezing the sides of the pot to loosen it up. Then turn the whole pot upside down while supporting the plant and slide the plant out of the pot. Pick all the slugs out of there and then re-pot. It's not ideal to do this to a sick plant but you have no choice. The alternative is to let her die a slow death at the hands of those slimy mf-ers.

N

Newbgrower

If it is slugs you'll have to pick them out. They'll keep eating your roots till your plant is dead. First I'd shine a light in the holes on the bottom of the plant. If you see even 1 slug you're going to have to take the plant out of the pot by first squeezing the sides of the pot to loosen it up. Then turn the whole pot upside down while supporting the plant and slide the plant out of the pot. Pick all the slugs out of there and then re-pot. It's not ideal to do this to a sick plant but you have no choice. The alternative is to let her die a slow death at the hands of those slimy mf-ers.
OK, I will do exactly that. If it is not slugs, what do you think the problem is?

Rcubed

Rcubed

It looks like some kind of root rot to me but I'm not a coco expert. I use some coco in my soil mix but only about 30%. I think there is a much greater margin of error using a good nutrient rich soil mix with top-soil, composted manure, Epsom salt, ground egg shells, coffee grounds and azomite. I also use a substantial amount of perlite to allow for air to the roots. I've found that I rarely get deficiencies using this mix. If I feel they need a little boost, I just add fish fertilizer or composted chicken manure or a couple tablespoons of Epsom salt.

N

Newbgrower

It looks like some kind of root rot to me but I'm not a coco expert. I use some coco in my soil mix but only about 30%. I think there is a much greater margin of error using a good nutrient rich soil mix with top-soil, composted manure, Epsom salt, ground egg shells, coffee grounds and azomite. I also use a substantial amount of perlite to allow for air to the roots. I've found that I rarely get deficiencies using this mix. If I feel they need a little boost, I just add fish fertilizer or composted chicken manure or a couple tablespoons of Epsom salt.
I thought the same thing so investigated. No such issues, I'm absolutely baffled

IMG 20171123 WA0021
IMG 20171123 WA0020
N

Newbgrower

No slugs, no gnats. No problems of any kind. I can't think of any reason they would be in such poor condition

Latest posts

Top Bottom