Introduction

• Thread starter GROWnMAN
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GROWnMAN

Hello everyone, i am new to forums and this is my first forum ive joined. I have a bunch of grows under my belt which are mostly outside. Im in the NE and about 1.5 hours from manhattan.

This is the first grow that is not soil! Im having a really hard time with this cyco cyco coco coir PEARL. 30/70 mix of coco peat and perlite.

I expected the coco coir to hold less water. It seems as if it stays wet for days. The directions say water every day but it is water logging my plants

Is there any advice for me? I am also concerned with nutrient lockout since the directions say to feed every day

I originally had a complete set up with high quality equipment but I can’t do that at the time being. With this said, I’m trying to keep my squad healthy for clones.

Introduction
Introduction 2
Introduction 3
LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Hello and welcome to the farm!

This is the first grow that is not soil! Im having a really hard time with this cyco cyco coco coir PEARL. 30/70 mix of coco peat and perlite.

I expected the coco coir to hold less water. It seems as if it stays wet for days. The directions say water every day but it is water logging my plants

Is there any advice for me? I am also concerned with nutrient lockout since the directions say to feed every day

I haven't used that growing medium. However, I don't see any indication of nutrient lockout, but they do look overwatered, so I think you're right about it staying wet too long. They also look like they need more light. So, increasing the light might help. It would also heat them up and cause them to transpire more. Fabric pots also help dry the plant and allow the roots to get more oxygen.

The pots are also sitting on a cement floor that may be too cold for them. It would probably help to get them up off the floor. There are plant stands or risers for that purpose, but many things could work to get some air flow under the pots.

What is the temperature and humidity for your plants?

Top Bottom