IPM In Canada Without Pesticide License

• Thread starter bigbagofbuds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bigbagofbuds

bigbagofbuds

What are people in Canada using for IPM?

I ask because all the approved insecticide and fungicides for cannabis growing are regulated products in Canada which cannot be obtained without either being a farm, exterminator, or selling the products. I am in Ontario so if anyone knows of a source for products such as Actinovate or Regalia Maxx that doesn't require a pesticide license please let me know.

What I can access is limited to the following:
Potassium salts of fatty acids
Pyrethrin
Sulphur
Nematodes
Yucca extract
Neem oil
Essential oils

Originally I wanted to generally avoid applying oils to my plants by preferentially using biocontrols (bacteria, fungi, etc... that attack the target pest/disease), but these are not available to the average gardener in Canada.

My new plan for veg only is below
Apply nematodes at transplant

Week 1
Sulphur (Fungicide)

Week 2
Neem oil (Fungicide and Insecticide)

Week 3
Potassium salts combined with pyrethrin (Insecticide)

Repeating until flowering starts, then no foliar IPM during flower.

I am new to growing indoors so I can use some help developing my IPM plan to ensure I can both prevent outbreaks and when they do occur I can control them without the pests developing resistance to the products being used while at the same time producing safe and high quality flowers.

mikeross

mikeross

tagged for replies... I get all my gear from down south. With the border closed I need to rethink my IPM regime.

So far will be burning sulfur, Bug B Gone. EndAll and looking into nematodes.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Can you go into more detail on this preventative spray? Recipe for that foliar spray and how often you use it... thanks!

10g neem oil
2g tea tree essential oil
3 cloves
1 clove of garlic
5g hot pepper seeds
15g Dr Bronner's Peppermint
1000mL 125 degree water

Pour the water into a blender. Add the cloves, garlic, and pepper seeds. Blend for 2 minutes on high. Add the soap, reduce the speed to medium, and then add in the oils.

Use only in veg, at lights out.

bigbagofbuds

bigbagofbuds

Preventative: Neem, clove, garlic, chili, and tea tree oil foliar emulsified by Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap.

Insecticide: Safer's End-All

Fungicide: Epsom Salts and micronized sulfur foliar.

What ratios are you using for the epsom salts in the foliar fungicide? I haven't heard of epsom salts in a fungicide, is it just meant to be a nutrient boost at the same time?

10g neem oil
2g tea tree essential oil
3 cloves
1 clove of garlic
5g hot pepper seeds
15g Dr Bronner's Peppermint
1000mL 125 degree water

Pour the water into a blender. Add the cloves, garlic, and pepper seeds. Blend for 2 minutes on high. Add the soap, reduce the speed to medium, and then add in the oils.

Use only in veg, at lights out.

Thank you for the information! Im curious, how strong is the smell on the preventative cocktail if I am planning on using it indoors?

@mikeross I am using the pot poppers nematodes for fungus gnats, I had a small population but enough to kill 2 emerging seedlings, I added the nematodes and watered in, a week and a half later I see no more fungus gnats and the stick traps are clean, I highly recommend them.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

What ratios are you using for the epsom salts in the foliar fungicide? I haven't heard of epsom salts in a fungicide, is it just meant to be a nutrient boost at the same time?

Thank you for the information! Im curious, how strong is the smell on the preventative cocktail if I am planning on using it indoors?

It's fragrant, but not in a way that's horrible or offputting. To me, at least. Smells pretty medicinal.

2g Epsom Salts
5g Micronized Sulfur
1000mL water

The Epsom Salts are there for the nutritional boost, yes, but they also effect the viscosity of the whole mix and help the Sulfur to settle evenly.

CF89

CF89

Neem oil is useless.

I’ve got ladybugs and green lacewings in the tent and they seem to be doing fine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom