IPM Strategy

• Thread starter DankBro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DankBro

DankBro

Good day folks. I'm trying to put together an IPM program and have been struggling with PM and Thrips. I got most of the other bugs at bay. So, I'm using a combination of pesticide sprays, fungicides, drenches and beneficial bugs to control our pest/pm problems.

I am using Strateolaeps mites and Rove beetles in veg to attack soil born pests such as fungus gnats, root aphids and thrip larvae. On top of that, I am using drenches consisting of Botanaguard, Azaguard for pests and Zerotol, Cease and Regalia for PM, pathogens. I've tried combinations that have been effective.

Once in flower after about 1.5-2 months, I introduce more Rove Beetles and Cucumeris mites. I discontinue spraying pesticides at this time but continue with fungicide sprays as well as drenches. I have been told that both Azaguard and Botanaguard will not affect by beneficial bug population.

I'm noticing an increase in thrips lately and the PM is never really controlled. I've sprayed zerotol, regalia, cease, nuke em and nothing seems to control it. I try to rotate amongst these products for better efficacy. I would love any recommendations. We are growing a scrog style, about 400 plants/1200 sqft in cocoa mostly but some in rockwool. Thanks for any suggestions/help you may have.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@Burned Haze may be able to help ya on this. I know he does a pretty extensive IPM protocol on his grows

B

Burned Haze

Good day folks. I'm trying to put together an IPM program and have been struggling with PM and Thrips. I got most of the other bugs at bay. So, I'm using a combination of pesticide sprays, fungicides, drenches and beneficial bugs to control our pest/pm problems.

I am using Strateolaeps mites and Rove beetles in veg to attack soil born pests such as fungus gnats, root aphids and thrip larvae. On top of that, I am using drenches consisting of Botanaguard, Azaguard for pests and Zerotol, Cease and Regalia for PM, pathogens. I've tried combinations that have been effective.

Once in flower after about 1.5-2 months, I introduce more Rove Beetles and Cucumeris mites. I discontinue spraying pesticides at this time but continue with fungicide sprays as well as drenches. I have been told that both Azaguard and Botanaguard will not affect by beneficial bug population.

I'm noticing an increase in thrips lately and the PM is never really controlled. I've sprayed zerotol, regalia, cease, nuke em and nothing seems to control it. I try to rotate amongst these products for better efficacy. I would love any recommendations. We are growing a scrog style, about 400 plants/1200 sqft in cocoa mostly but some in rockwool. Thanks for any suggestions/help you may have.

@Burned Haze may be able to help ya on this. I know he does a pretty extensive IPM protocol on his grows

Your doing a good job on your approach, but you can spray and drench regalia till harvest cannabis and veggies have certified .

my big suggestion is why aren’t you using the whole biocontrol line from Marrone Bio ? Their Venerate xc and the Grandevo are a great 100+ defense and be safe and non resistance ( so many pesticides they may work in the start but the more you apply it the pest gain resistance and you have to cycle or your screwed or can even make a super pest too)

its nice with biocontrols when they are so safe that the plant does not get stressed and it can even fight broad mites , russets and 100+. Key is to rotate the two ( Grandevo and venerate xc and then regalia mix with 14 days )

spray every 7 days, or infected spray based on pest ( like mites every 3 days ), another cool thing about biocontrol is they are compatible with so much things to drench/foliar vs the nasty oil’s and they won’t ever stress your plants ( plus price per gallon no wonder big ag likes it now too, it’s really actually fairly cheap , the non cannabis label is 25%ish cheaper vs than non and its same ingredients)

with Grandevo you can mix botiangurd or pfr97 /other biocontrols and/or any fert together , very compatible ( myself I use PS seagreen than in flower cycle ps truebloom and terp gerp )

——-

now if you do need a “ knock out” for flower , I have tried so many products and looked at many, but the loast coast plant therapy does work and the price per gallon . It really will fuckup them mites and mold and wont burn up your pistils like so many thing. if you got issues after 3-4 weeks , this a great knockout or anytime really . Just a little expensive . That’s why I only use it for flower or if I’m infected .Not ipm ( it’s like 2 buck dish a gal)

—-
In before the 3-4 weeks of bloom and if you do have a infection of a lot of things, I would recommend a “ knock out” (if it was me I would still use Grandevo and venerate after knockout to save cash and to never gain resistance in cycle )

so a great product and safe but also 150+ pest, the 2x same product made by the same brand just diff label. Evergreen 5.0
Pyrethrum is a great tool but it loses defense and you should never use it more than 3x in my cycle.
2nd “ knock out” suggestion great tool for
knockout ( best pesticide 4 thrips ) conserve sc “ vs other spinosad Brand is that it is 22x more concentrated than captain jacks and def a better deal and can kill the thrips and mites and many things, def a Great rotation killer ( just don’t apply after 3-4 times In cycle)

—-

fungus gnats ipm

i have tried BTI for years ( I thought it worked, sometimes I didn’t have FG?) and I used to even buy 5 gal Versions and than after figuring out the liquid version was so much more concentrated and 2x longer in shelf life. I bought a gallon and I was even applying 2x suggiion rate (rep said more the better) and the dOsage said every 2x and dosage said every 10-14 days, I applied every Rez , results = had Fungus gnats ( wtf when it’s not expired and don’t over water ) I applied = rove beetles + Nematodes = even when I had high infection = won the war and this round I’m bug free So I recommend apply the first 1-4st week and never have fungus gnats.

make sure your nematode source is legit of your wasting or cash, than I suggest overpopulation 4 success ( I did the 250 mil for 45 gal ) for whole season and never apply again. I applied in the start of the season and I have not even one fungus gnat on. Yellow card on my cards and I’m on my 7th week, last season when I got them I bought them mid level of bloom(5th weekish) and the nematodes saved me cause the BTI didn’t work + rove beetles kill all the adults .

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
If you've got PM, you need sulphur, either wettable powder or a sulphur burner ideally. It's about the safest method of actually controlling it. Things like regalia are great as preventative, but wont cure PM. Sulphur will. It's about the next best thing to the bad stuff I wont mention lol.

B

Burned Haze

no offense dirt , i Just don’t agree with that (but everyone has their own view points or ways , I just want to show some of the information and the users on here or thread maker can pick their own views vs mine )

Sulphur wont cure pm lol, pm is like aids ( same ball game as that, all about not getting it) , it’s a prevent and has some beneficial nutes , downfall is you can’t even apply it even in flower ( so when your the most vulnerable for pm = you cant use it)

+ wettable or burnable sulphur cant be applied 2 weeks ( or in bloom stage ) from oil based pesticides or anything besides sulpher, it kind of makes it a “ sulphur “ only spraying game .

never been too impressed with sulphur when there’s so many other products that can prevent pm like silica or h2o2 , reglaia is actually Systemic systemicand makes your plant a fighter vs just covering it up with a agent . When I started doing for my veggies last year with regalia not only did they look more healthy, i never saw one pm on one plant ( and so many plants like water melens and pm venerable plants last years always got I applied copper or other products , still got it, this is def my go to and I apply copper as well ( stop at bloom for cannabis ) and my cannabis for the firs year outdoors no pm and almost less than 2-5% budrot vs way more than that previous years .

actions speak more than words and it’s just like aspirin , I love systemic and you can’t have so ethic that just stays the layer and it’s also nice to give your plant a boost of “immunity “

Kgunge

Kgunge

Your doing a good job on your approach, but you can spray and drench regalia till harvest cannabis and veggies have certified .

my big suggestion is why aren’t you using the whole biocontrol line from Marrone Bio ? Their Venerate xc and the Grandevo are a great 100+ defense and be safe and non resistance ( so many pesticides they may work in the start but the more you apply it the pest gain resistance and you have to cycle or your screwed or can even make a super pest too)

its nice with biocontrols when they are so safe that the plant does not get stressed and it can even fight broad mites , russets and 100+. Key is to rotate the two ( Grandevo and venerate xc and then regalia mix with 14 days )

spray every 7 days, or infected spray based on pest ( like mites every 3 days ), another cool thing about biocontrol is they are compatible with so much things to drench/foliar vs the nasty oil’s and they won’t ever stress your plants ( plus price per gallon no wonder big ag likes it now too, it’s really actually fairly cheap , the non cannabis label is 25%ish cheaper vs than non and its same ingredients)

with Grandevo you can mix botiangurd or pfr97 /other biocontrols and/or any fert together , very compatible ( myself I use PS seagreen than in flower cycle ps truebloom and terp gerp )

——-

now if you do need a “ knock out” for flower , I have tried so many products and looked at many, but the loast coast plant therapy does work and the price per gallon . It really will fuckup them mites and mold and wont burn up your pistils like so many thing. if you got issues after 3-4 weeks , this a great knockout or anytime really . Just a little expensive . That’s why I only use it for flower or if I’m infected .Not ipm ( it’s like 2 buck dish a gal)

—-
In before the 3-4 weeks of bloom and if you do have a infection of a lot of things, I would recommend a “ knock out” (if it was me I would still use Grandevo and venerate after knockout to save cash and to never gain resistance in cycle )

so a great product and safe but also 150+ pest, the 2x same product made by the same brand just diff label. Evergreen 5.0
Pyrethrum is a great tool but it loses defense and you should never use it more than 3x in my cycle.
2nd “ knock out” suggestion great tool for
knockout ( best pesticide 4 thrips ) conserve sc “ vs other spinosad Brand is that it is 22x more concentrated than captain jacks and def a better deal and can kill the thrips and mites and many things, def a Great rotation killer ( just don’t apply after 3-4 times In cycle)

—-

fungus gnats ipm

i have tried BTI for years ( I thought it worked, sometimes I didn’t have FG?) and I used to even buy 5 gal Versions and than after figuring out the liquid version was so much more concentrated and 2x longer in shelf life. I bought a gallon and I was even applying 2x suggiion rate (rep said more the better) and the dOsage said every 2x and dosage said every 10-14 days, I applied every Rez , results = had Fungus gnats ( wtf when it’s not expired and don’t over water ) I applied = rove beetles + Nematodes = even when I had high infection = won the war and this round I’m bug free So I recommend apply the first 1-4st week and never have fungus gnats.

make sure your nematode source is legit of your wasting or cash, than I suggest overpopulation 4 success ( I did the 250 mil for 45 gal ) for whole season and never apply again. I applied in the start of the season and I have not even one fungus gnat on. Yellow card on my cards and I’m on my 7th week, last season when I got them I bought them mid level of bloom(5th weekish) and the nematodes saved me cause the BTI didn’t work + rove beetles kill all the adults .

Thanks for that strategy, I will be incorporating it at the facility. I’m trying to figure out how much Grandevo and venerate to use. Their label isn’t so straightforward. Could you help?

Latest posts

Top Bottom