Ipower Rfi Fcc And Cable Company

• Thread starter MushinNoShin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

So I just had to end my contract with the cable company because I was a cheap dumbass and went iPower for my veg room. I should have known because the 1st one blew out on me within a day or two and had to be returned (took the bulb with it too). Shit sparked and smoked and made this scary electrical noise, I'm no electrician, but I think it was a compromising situation, lol.

Anyways, I see the cable van drive by and no internet connection all of a sudden, so I'm like "wtf?" I call them and the chick can't really tell me shit, just that it is only my spot that has been disconnected due to interference with someone's TV or Internet down the street. So at this point I'm pretty pissed and I'm like "can I speak to your supervisor or head technician?" I'm talking to dude and he is sayin some shit about a internet "leak" and I'm thinking "fk! Should have stayed a lurker!", but then I realize "wait, wtf am I trippin on? I run a VPN and I'm legal". So dude goes on "blah, blah...internet leakage... Blah... FCC plane..." And I'm like "FUCK!!! FEDS!!!", so I tell dude to eat a dick and cancel my service, disconnect everything and hop online via 3G and see wtf is going on. Damn I'm a dumbass. So I ended-up ordering another Quantum to replace my iPieceofshit, order a RF meter (just to be safe) and a grip of coax covers and ferrite beads and whatnot.

Anyways, Quantums say they are FCC approved, but I'm not taking any chances. From what I gather the lower the Hz the farther it travels, so my Hertz need to be high, very high, apparently Quantum has the highest Hz for electronic ballasts (I have magnetics for backup, but really rather not fk with them).

So any electricians, techy's or cable guys out there who have some insightful tips, tricks or sound advise for us laymens? I just had oral surgery and the medication has me out of it, so I'm slowly piecing this shit together, a lot to learn.

MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

Why the dislike on Magnetics. They are a proven to work and any problems can be rectified with 2 or 3 parts.
I have a home made ballast kit I did 20 years ago and the I've only had to replace the capacitor once
It gets kinda hot and it is heavy, so I can't hang it up and I'm afraid of water accidentally spilling on it or overflows or some unforeseen event like that. I won't lie, don't understand ballasts very well and the magnetics intimidate me, lol.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Ok. Some suggestions for you then Run new quad shielded RG-6 coaxial cable in the house, make sure the cable company has a proper ground at their termination outside the house. Also don't expect the cable company's equipment to be without fault. I've had numerous problem from Comcast junk equipment and had a electrician come out to tell me this. Either way good luck and happy growing,

urban1026835

urban1026835

i run cheap apollo brand ballasts on my 2nd one with no problems either with the ballast itself or interference with my net.

J

jeff1962

I had the cable guy at my house over a solis teck ballast..I switched to the gallaxy 1000watt grow amp..thats the lowest rf interference in the business..ive not had any more visits from the cable man at 9:00 on sunday morning..

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

So I just had to end my contract with the cable company because I was a cheap dumbass and went iPower for my veg room. I should have known because the 1st one blew out on me within a day or two and had to be returned (took the bulb with it too). Shit sparked and smoked and made this scary electrical noise, I'm no electrician, but I think it was a compromising situation, lol.

Anyways, I see the cable van drive by and no internet connection all of a sudden, so I'm like "wtf?" I call them and the chick can't really tell me shit, just that it is only my spot that has been disconnected due to interference with someone's TV or Internet down the street. So at this point I'm pretty pissed and I'm like "can I speak to your supervisor or head technician?" I'm talking to dude and he is sayin some shit about a internet "leak" and I'm thinking "fk! Should have stayed a lurker!", but then I realize "wait, wtf am I trippin on? I run a VPN and I'm legal". So dude goes on "blah, blah...internet leakage... Blah... FCC plane..." And I'm like "FUCK!!! FEDS!!!", so I tell dude to eat a dick and cancel my service, disconnect everything and hop online via 3G and see wtf is going on. Damn I'm a dumbass. So I ended-up ordering another Quantum to replace my iPieceofshit, order a RF meter (just to be safe) and a grip of coax covers and ferrite beads and whatnot.

Anyways, Quantums say they are FCC approved, but I'm not taking any chances. From what I gather the lower the Hz the farther it travels, so my Hertz need to be high, very high, apparently Quantum has the highest Hz for electronic ballasts (I have magnetics for backup, but really rather not fk with them).

So any electricians, techy's or cable guys out there who have some insightful tips, tricks or sound advise for us laymens? I just had oral surgery and the medication has me out of it, so I'm slowly piecing this shit together, a lot to learn.
had this problem big time back in Feb...It sucked cable guy came out to my house and caused big problems and got me super paranoid...I went thru 2 diff ballast before getting a Galaxy Grow Amp which I couldn't be happier with..Apparently with the Lumen-tek ballast (lol..talk about off brand) then also the solis tek matrix I was affecting my entire neighborhoods internet..Like BIG TIME according to cable guy.. I even tried ferrite cores and those ohm caps that cove spare coax outlets but no dice the the Grow Amp...I am super happy with the ballast and it was a few $$ cheaper then the ST-Matrix...Anyway I have not had one more complaint or run in with my cable company since but I was like a crackhead peaking out of my blinds every time I heard a car or plane for like a month. Hahahahahah...Anyway that's my experience and 2 cents! Good luck and positive vibes your way man!

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

Ok. Some suggestions for you then Run new quad shielded RG-6 coaxial cable in the house, make sure the cable company has a proper ground at their termination outside the house. Also don't expect the cable company's equipment to be without fault. I've had numerous problem from Comcast junk equipment and had a electrician come out to tell me this. Either way good luck and happy growing,
I agree with you 100% but I live in a larger house built in the 80's and when I looked into re-doing the cables in my house to upgrade to the ones your talking about it would of cost me thousands of dollars!=( I even shut all cable lines running to my basement down and moved modem up 1 floor and to the complete opposite side of the house but until the new ballast it was like nothing and I mean NOTHING was working....even tried wrapping lines in copper/Aluminum tape, short of making my entire basement a Faraday cage there was nothing I could do!

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

I agree with you 100% but I live in a larger house built in the 80's and when I looked into re-doing the cables in my house to upgrade to the ones your talking about it would of cost me thousands of dollars!=( I even shut all cable lines running to my basement down and moved modem up 1 floor and to the complete opposite side of the house but until the new ballast it was like nothing and I mean NOTHING was working....even tried wrapping lines in copper/Aluminum tape, short of making my entire basement a Faraday cage there was nothing I could do!

250 feet of quad shielded rg-6 is only $32.00. My house was built in 1900 so when they put cable in they ran it outside around the walls and sleeved it through to the inside. Looks like crap wires running around the house!
Took me 2 hours to upgrade all my cable and run it through the walls. My house is 2800 Sq. Ft.

MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

I wonder if you could just order the power cords from the Galaxy Grow Amp ballast?
I just spent hours on eBay tryin to do just that, but it doesn't look totally plug and play.

Looks like I'm going to have to do some "splicing".... Whatever the fk that is, lol.

MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

had this problem big time back in Feb...It sucked cable guy came out to my house and caused big problems and got me super paranoid...I went thru 2 diff ballast before getting a Galaxy Grow Amp which I couldn't be happier with..Apparently with the Lumen-tek ballast (lol..talk about off brand) then also the solis tek matrix I was affecting my entire neighborhoods internet..Like BIG TIME according to cable guy.. I even tried ferrite cores and those ohm caps that cove spare coax outlets but no dice the the Grow Amp...I am super happy with the ballast and it was a few $$ cheaper then the ST-Matrix...Anyway I have not had one more complaint or run in with my cable company since but I was like a crackhead peaking out of my blinds every time I heard a car or plane for like a month. Hahahahahah...Anyway that's my experience and 2 cents! Good luck and positive vibes your way man!
Bro, the planes flying overhead are fking KILLING me, lol.

I don't know if there are more, if it is the same one flying in circles or I'm just taking notice now.

Lazerus00

Lazerus00

Bro, the planes flying overhead are fking KILLING me, lol.

I don't know if there are more, if it is the same one flying in circles or I'm just taking notice now.
I know, I was literally like how is this happening to me when have the USA is growing! LOL...like I said I was really going nuts and almost gave up on the idea of growing here and would have had to build a guerrilla spot and spend $$ on solar panels or rent another spot which just wouldn't be in the budget until after a few cycles

MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

I know, I was literally like how is this happening to me when have the USA is growing! LOL...like I said I was really going nuts and almost gave up on the idea of growing here and would have had to build a guerrilla spot and spend $$ on solar panels or rent another spot which just wouldn't be in the budget until after a few cycles
I know, right?!?! Like I did everything right, by the book, 100% legal, filed a DBA for a NPO and everything. Lol. It's always something, man, I tell ya.

Top Bottom