IR bust near me, should I be worried?

• Thread starter bdawgburner
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bdawgburner

I found out yesterday that there was a grow busted not too far from my place a couple weeks ago and the paper said they found the grow using a helicopter with IR. I didnt think they could use IR as a means of primary evidence to obtain a warrant but I could be wrong. It also said it was only a 2 day investigation before the warrant was served. I want to know if I should be worried about my spot first of all. I had no connection with these people, it was just very close. Second, is the IR blocking stuff worth buying? I was thinking of doing the entire ceiling in my room.

B

blackone

Well depending on what "not too far away" means you definitely shouldn't post too many details about that bust because doing so might identify it and turn anyone reading here onto the fact that you are close to that location.

Even if that information by itself doesn't identify you it changes your identity from one in a million to perhaps one in a thousand - couple that with other "harmless" stuff you provide and they can pinpoint you if someday you post a picture of a huge grow or other stuff making them really want to get you.

PorchMonkey4Life

PorchMonkey4Life

If your scared of prison or lose sleep over the pigs kicking in your door......DOpe aint your thing:character0110:

before they used to need a warrant to flir a house.....Dont know if chasing some car theifs or robbers and while flying and using flir to chase suspect and a house glows like a Mofo on the camera,,,,I dont know if they can use that,,,,cops have ways of working things to there advantage in there statments to make all things sound like it was done lawfull regardless if not.......

if you scared you should go back to paying Mofos like me who dont lose sleep n dont care about being sent to prison.400 a Oz..:party0022::icon_dizzy:

B

blackone

Flir is also an excellent excuse for the cops to use if they want to protect...

...snitches

B

bdawgburner

Trust me Im not losing sleep over it. Just want to know if the IR blocking stuff is worth getting. Ive seen people say that the tents that have it are worthless because your exhaust still shows up exhausting all that hot air. My room stays very cool with no active exhaust, just want to put the stuff up for added security if its worth it. I've been doing my thing for a while porchmonkey, its not about being scared its about not wanting to ruin a good thing over something as trivial as a $100 roll of IR blocking material.

K

koopa troopa

hey bdawg, you should invest in a stinger missile launcher. all you gotta do is make sure the chopper is in the sights and let er rip! no more FLIR.

B

bdawgburner

yeah I wish i could go to the military surplus and pick one up.

convex

convex

Do whatever makes you feel safe!

Chances are if they had you identified on the initial FLIR run they would have done a sweep of the area and grab everyone at once - news travels fast and they know it - they wouldn't give a few days grace to clean out after the neighbouring bust ...

S

scrapiron

Now that winter is close, and everyone is dusting off the space heaters... Shouldnt it be time to put away FLIR? Just curious. Can they tell the difference between a heater and a grow light?

lollipopman

lollipopman

the only way the cops use Ir is if some one snitches on you, it is illegal to fly over houses using Ir now if you live in a big city where they use helicopters to chase bad guys and they fly over and notice your house is glowing then they have to get a warrant and Dem you dangerous to get the warrant...also it cost the city so much to do this they have to be certain you have a op in your house....

R

Rolln J

Do whatever makes you feel safe!

Chances are if they had you identified on the initial FLIR run they would have done a sweep of the area and grab everyone at once - news travels fast and they know it - they wouldn't give a few days grace to clean out after the neighbouring bust ...

very good point here...

H

hbstoner

hey bdawg, you should invest in a stinger missile launcher. all you gotta do is make sure the chopper is in the sights and let er rip! no more FLIR.

hahahahahah now that is the kinda shit that is going to get johnny law investigating you.

G

GroHi

LPM has it going on... I'm from Oregon originally & we had that Supreme Court case where the locals had used the IR chopper to primarily identify & charge a grower. They essentially ruled that the cops cannot use this means of privacy invasion (unwarranted search) to identify potential offenders. They need something else on you to start a case, then a judge to okay the FLIR fly-by. IF this happens, you're already screwed... someone narked you out! Be safe & get that Stinger!!!

S

Smokin

ANYTHING involving police/courts is just trying to make sense of senseless. They make no pretense it is almost always initiated by an informant... and hiding the informants identity seems to be their top priority. That you have the right to confront your accuser or contest the validity of any informants information are rights wiped away by drug war rules. So how do you answer a question like this..?

Olyver

Olyver

Hi bdawgburner

I couldn't send a PM, so I have to post here.

How much power do you need for your greenhouse? If you can use your range or dryer outlet, you can have 50A@240V or 30A@240V of available. If you are only going to use a few lights and have access to the two 240V receptacles, I can build you a loadcenter to handle power for the ballasts and all the other equipment and a timer to control the ballasts.

Best Regards

R

rockfish

flirs cant see through roofs and such. if your grow is in your basement your be much safer than if it was on the second floor of a house. and from what i hear the stuff that blocks this , doesnt really work.ive never used it but i know people who have it up. its more that they are feeding on paranoia to sell a product. cause all the heat would not show through all the roofing on your house, only thing that would show up is your hot exhaust, from lights and a/c's. one single exhaust could look like a dryer running. also they cant get accurate readings during the daytime with the sun out. so just run your bigger wattage lights during the day. off from dusk to dawn.

TortureKill

TortureKill

Ir/flir

They say they cant legally use FLIR on a residence without a warrant or whatever, but doesnt mean they dont.. After this years outdoor season, I believe the DEA is using a lot of different means to find cannabis growers plots and eradicate it by any means possible. This branch has A LOT of money at their fingertips, and I believe they have state of the art equipment that were are not even aware of. I also believe they will use any means necessary to eradicate outdoor gardens and find indoor grows. I had a few plots eradicated that were nearly impossible to find. These fuckers have a way of gathering intelligence, I just havent figured it out yet. SOme plots they found were even smaller ones, not even visible from the air. They were in remote locations, and I honestly cant figure out how they discovered some of these plots.. Really makes me wonder.. Best of luck with your issue, and the safe route is always the best route.

Although I have never used the IR blocking insulations, I know a few growers that have, and they will swear by them. They wouldnt do a grow without it. Dont know anyone that has been busted using these materials, so they must be doing something right..
Be safe brother.

TK

the only way the cops use Ir is if some one snitches on you, it is illegal to fly over houses using Ir now if you live in a big city where they use helicopters to chase bad guys and they fly over and notice your house is glowing then they have to get a warrant and Dem you dangerous to get the warrant...also it cost the city so much to do this they have to be certain you have a op in your house....

PorchMonkey4Life

PorchMonkey4Life

flirs cant see through roofs and such. if your grow is in your basement your be much safer than if it was on the second floor of a house. and from what i hear the stuff that blocks this , doesnt really work.ive never used it but i know people who have it up. its more that they are feeding on paranoia to sell a product. cause all the heat would not show through all the roofing on your house, only thing that would show up is your hot exhaust, from lights and a/c's. one single exhaust could look like a dryer running. also they cant get accurate readings during the daytime with the sun out. so just run your bigger wattage lights during the day. off from dusk to dawn.
LOl dont know berry said he got to borrow the same one that the cops use from the firedepartment a freind and his shit glowed like a mutherfukker he would be the one to ask...... I remember because he said he would get a heads up from his homie anytime the pigs came to pick it up.....If i remember right he said his shit glew threw brick walls in all it glory:sign0072:

R

rockfish

LOl dont know berry said he got to borrow the same one that the cops use from the firedepartment a freind and his shit glowed like a mutherfukker he would be the one to ask...... I remember because he said he would get a heads up from his homie anytime the pigs came to pick it up.....If i remember right he said his shit glew threw brick walls in all it glory:sign0072:
ive been to berrys house , aint no brick there.lol. his 24k a/c was exhausting into a whole room. with open windows and doors to the outside.and a fan at each opening blowing out the heat. of course it was glowing lol. and that room was most of the first floor of his house. asid from the other where he had 3 t5's going and another couple open windows. i could see his house blowing out plenty of heat.
just giving you the info i know.lol.

B

bdawgburner

I'm far from a big timer. I only run a single 1000 so I dont think my heat sig would be too bad.

Top Bottom