IR bust near me, should I be worried?

• Thread starter bdawgburner
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
I have heard choppers, sometimes twice a week or more for 5 years now. Flying around like they love me or something. I still get scared every time. I must be in a high air traffic area. I have little garden that keeps me from having to deal with people I don't know. It keeps me out of trouble and I will not pull the plug!

I share your concerns and wish you the best of luck Jordis!

J

jordisgarden

It would take a huge grow to get bagged by flir wouldnt it? i have a fire place and the room gets hot as hell. would my livingroom look like a grow to them? id like to see pics of a grow house on ir. it aint xray. how do the decifer what heat signiture is what?

J

jordisgarden

My shits in my cellar. i have a 400hps and a 600 hps then a couple 100hps lamps and some floros. from what i been reading the past couple days my lights are no where enough heat to bring the federalis to my door. seriously the only way they are gonna bag you by flir is if you havee a top or middle floor filled with 1000 watters. then the room would have to be like 85 degrees while the rest of the house is 60 and have enough time to heat up the walls and shit. but even then. as long as your not an"in the open grower" the feds cant tell the difference between a room full of pc servers from a room with 1 or 2 thousand waatts. in my cellar the ttemp is always 74f i and i leave the door to the grow room open. the whole cellar staays right around 72. theres no way im giving enough heat off for theem to bag me.. i wonder though where thay almost evryone who gets bagged either gets ratted the fuk out. or is stealing electricity and gets caught.

N

noone88

FLIR technology has come a long way. It can be used during daytime depending on the outside weather temps.

It is looking for heat differentials. When you have a flowering room that's at 80 degrees and outside temps are 40 degrees, that room will light up on FLIR.

If you live in that house, most likely you'll be running a heater, either through the central air or space heaters. That may make your location "less suspect". But if the location is mainly for growing, it will be a bit obvious the same room is lit up on FLIR day after day and the rest of the house is cold.

Helicopters with FLIR is still used, but with the price point of handheld FLIR's down to approximately $2k, i'm not surprised if your local drug enforcement task force has a couple of them.

Lastly, it's about repetition. If the same flagged room is lit up on flir, every day, at the same hour, for hours at a time, that becomes inconsistent with human consumption and consistent with growing.

M

mrdizzle

The feds want nothing to do with your 400w grow guys. If they were really tripping they would fly over every city in Cali and see that 5 houses on every block are bumping 10,000ws. Local police do what they will, cops aren’t really down with wild goose chases, and if you think they are putting choppers in the sky without a warrant your wrong. Once the DA found out that they illegally did a expensive ass fly over there would be a new chief, a new captain, and some rollies on suspension.

Bottom line is if they fly over your house you are already busted

S

SRHninja

TIME TO SHUT DOWN SHOP

i seen where someone said it would be really hard for them to detect heat during the day.... that means dont have your shit on @ night! im sure their not flyin around at 4-5-6 in the mourning so you could get some extra time on by starting early... its jus a precaution

C

CanadianClassic

Fuck FLIR and FUck the police! If your grow is cool and small i wouldnt worry,Someone told me if its under 2000watts of light not to be worried but they could be wrong,If you wanna be extra safe though spend the money on the roll and feel safer piece of mind is worth alot,,,and i cant help but laugh at all the thug talk from porch monkey what a joke that is haha.

Good luck with the ladies!!!

Top Bottom