Ir Thermometer

• Thread starter damien50
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Do IR Thermometers have a place in the grow room?

• Total voters
damien50

damien50

Anyone use these for leaf surface temps in their grows? I'm thinking about getting one but wanted to know how essential people think they are to their grows.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I have one due to my other hobby. Nitro RC buggy & truggy. But I’ve never used it in my grow.

I think I’m going to start using it just to see and monitor the canopy temp. I have it laying around so I might as well.

However I don’t think it’s a must have. I’ve grown for years without it just using my hand as a guide. But if you’re unsure they are cheap enough and handy to have around the house.

damien50

damien50

I have one due to my other hobby. Nitro RC buggy & truggy. But I’ve never used it in my grow.

I think I’m going to start using it just to see and monitor the canopy temp. I have it laying around so I might as well.

However I don’t think it’s a must have. I’ve grown for years without it just using my hand as a guide. But if you’re unsure they are cheap enough and handy to have around the house.

As popular as VPD has gotten I was curious to the temp the leaves feel compared to the ambient temperatures.

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

Yes, a pyrometer helps alot in larger rooms. I like to take temps of the leaf canopy every 6 or so feet to make sure lighting is on point and there isn't any cold spots or hot spots. Nice little tool to have in the arsenal.

Edit: smaller grows is nice to have but isn't as necessary.

damien50

damien50

For the cost it's a no brainer for me. I haven't grow but starting soon. Not needed but I can definately see the added benefits of using one especially when using lights with some UV spectrum or supplemental UV.

25-40 USD to have better understanding of your grow environment - I agree with you but there are growers that don't even check their ph lol.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

25-40 USD to have better understanding of your grow environment - I agree with you but there are growers that don't even check their ph lol.
You can get the ones for babies cheap. Like 20 usd and they do surface and body temp. Also the accuracy is much better than the more expensive ones marketed for other purposes. If I was growing outdoor I wouldn't bother with this or ph really but in any artificial environment it only makes sense as variables change a lot based on equipment used.

damien50

damien50

You can get the ones for babies cheap. Like 20 usd and they do surface and body temp. Also the accuracy is much better than the more expensive ones marketed for other purposes. If I was growing outdoor I wouldn't bother with this or ph really but in any artificial environment it only makes sense as variables change a lot based on equipment used.

I had found one from Etek for 20 USD which I thought was inexpensive but I am super cheap in general lol.

Top Bottom