Irradiating mediums

• Thread starter Jalisco Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jalisco Kid

I was wondering if any farmer has used a Port Service to kill the crap coming to us in mediums. Damn kid growers have made it so I need some semen stored before trying to get rid of insects. I remember when Avid was satan's tool. Now bugs add it to their afternoon cocktails. I might be able to get back to work soon, just looking to make it easier. JK

Natural

Natural

Not sure if irradiating is being done other than for foodstuffs JK..at least I've never heard of it. Short of that..I've heard some folks are microwaving bricks of coco. Also, with so many mixed reviews of what brand is bug free and which is not..I've half concluded it may be more of a storage problem than a source problem, but that remains still a mystery.
Stuff like this http://www.urbnag.com/products/axiom-harpin-proteins/ ,biological beneficials, horticultural oils is pretty much all I'm interested in...not necessarily "the big guns" but I worry less for carcinogens.
Maybe a big commercial oven would help?

J

Jalisco Kid

I am looking at $250/ton plus shipping. I have yet to check it out but I figure they can throw an electron beam on anything. Seems like the government would want a service like that since they are coming from Mex and Indo. JK

freespirit

freespirit

My first attempt I got some MG garden soil that had bugs in it and one bag that was full of bean sprouts! a few weeks into veg you could see them growing through the container.. I think some heat treat their soil which would remove it. I haven't had any issues with my pro-mix bx, only saw mychorizzae growing on the surface.

Top Bottom