Irregular power cuts these days, one plant hermied

• Thread starter Kl420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kl420

Kl420

There are power cuts in my area for the past few days at irregular times each lasting upto 5 hours. One plant has hermied within these two days also. What do I do now? Will other also have the same problem? And is it OK for them to be in very low light during a few hours of the day cycle during 12/12?oe should I just switch up the light cycle from 6am to 6pm which is now, to 10pm to 10am so they'll be affected the least amount of time by power cuts. Will this cause them jet lag?

Kl420

Kl420

20220307 160423

GuySmiley

GuySmiley

You can lessen the stress by making the change to your on/off scedule a gradual one. Shift your day/night times 1 hour closer each day until you reach your desired start/stop times

I suggest you have a plan to fall back on when power cuts are put in place again. Keeping the photoperid going is crucial, even if the backup lighting is a lot less intense than your main lighting.

Kl420

Kl420

You can lessen the stress by making the change to your on/off scedule a gradual one. Shift your day/night times 1 hour closer each day until you reach your desired start/stop times

I suggest you have a plan to fall back on when power cuts are put in place again. Keeping the photoperid going is crucial, even if the backup lighting is a lot less intense than your main lighting.
So will the photo period be effected if I keep atleast my phone flash on duro g the power cut? Is it strong enough to stop them from sleeping?

freezeland2

freezeland2

Are these scheduled outages? If so do you know how long it is going to go on for? The one plant was probably a hermi to begin with. If it’s only a few days of this I’d just ride it out.

Kl420

Kl420

Are these scheduled outages? If so do you know how long it is going to go on for? The one plant was probably a hermi to begin with. If it’s only a few days of this I’d just ride it out.
Yeah scheduled power cuts because of a collapsed economy in my country. Probably will go on for around one month. So will a phone flash be enough to keep the light cycle going?

freezeland2

freezeland2

Yeah scheduled power cuts because of a collapsed economy in my country. Probably will go on for around one month. So will a phone flash be enough to keep the light cycle going?
That is a while. I’d personally want more light than a phone flash light. How hard is it to move near a window during the outages?

Kl420

Kl420

That is a while. I’d personally want more light than a phone flash light. How hard is it to move near a window during the outages?
It's not impossible, just scared might shock them by moving the soil because they are in fabric pots

freezeland2

freezeland2

It's not impossible, just scared might shock them by moving the soil because they are in fabric pots
Just be gentle. I’d worry more about breaking branches then shocking because they are in fabric. Just don’t put them in direct sunlight from the window. A natural sun lit room will be sufficient light during the outages.

Kl420

Kl420

Just be gentle. I’d worry more about breaking branches then shocking because they are in fabric. Just don’t put them in direct sunlight from the window. A natural sun lit room will be sufficient light during the outages.
Moved a few into a different sunlit room now, but the rest are tangled with the frame of the box itself so kinda difficult. So tonight gonna switch the light cycle so they'll be interrupted the least. For today this the back up light I'm using. Just have to survive today.
20220308 084255

Top Bottom