Irrigation Pump?

• Thread starter Cleancanna
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Cleancanna

hey guys i cant really find much of any information on irrigation pumps for cannabis.... i got a wayne 1 HP sump pump to put in my res but it has some oil or grease in it. Is it safe to use if i clean it out somehow first? If not then whats a good 1 hp pump to use? I seriously cant find ANY good information on this topic

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
hey guys i cant really find much of any information on irrigation pumps for cannabis.... i got a wayne 1 HP sump pump to put in my res but it has some oil or grease in it. Is it safe to use if i clean it out somehow first? If not then whats a good 1 hp pump to use? I seriously cant find ANY good information on this topic
please post next time in the correct forum this is for introductions. :D Welcome to the farm!!!

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
are you indoors or out? I will move your thread to a better forum.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
you can find your thread in general indoors

damien50

damien50

What size reservoir? How many plants?

C

Cleancanna

I was going to use a 55 gallon res (refilled with RO and mixed with new nutrients nightly) 40 plants on 10 floraflex octa-bubblers, 2 drip lines per 5 gallon. And all together itll be about 50-60 feet of pvc all together because i have a walkway in the middle so my irrigation has to go around the wall of the room. Is the wayne 1HP i have good for that? If i can clean this grease out of it...

damien50

damien50

I was going to use a 55 gallon res (refilled with RO and mixed with new nutrients nightly) 40 plants on 10 floraflex octa-bubblers, 2 drip lines per 5 gallon. And all together itll be about 50-60 feet of pvc all together because i have a walkway in the middle so my irrigation has to go around the wall of the room. Is the wayne 1HP i have good for that? If i can clean this grease out of it...

I had a1/4 hp sump pump that was used for radiator fluid and stuff but I'm too concerned with chemicals getting in with my feed that I opted for a new pump. If you're near a harbor freight try one of their pumps to see how much HP you really need. I don't know that you'll actually even need 5 gallon pots. You doing coco?

damien50

damien50

I am doing coco, I was thinking maybe 3 gallons instead.

You of DJM on ICMAG? He ran a commercial setup with drip irrigation using 2 gallon pots and Congress that he grew to trees. If you plan to feed multiple times a day you won't, from what he had said and I've read, need more than 1-2 gallon pots.

But back to the pump. I personally think you should buy a new pump that is clean but the Wayne brand does seem reputable from Amazon reviews. Does it have the float valve? I think you could probably run a cleaning solution through multiple gallons of water several times until you believe it is clean, maybe even disassemble it if you are comfortable with that and bleach the hell out of it.

C

Cleancanna

It seems like a good pump, i was thinking the same thing, just scrub the inside and run some bleach through it for a while then run a few rounds of clean water through

damien50

damien50

It seems like a good pump, i was thinking the same thing, just scrub the inside and run some bleach through it for a while then run a few rounds of clean water through

Oh it's expensive and pretty reputable. Good luck!

Top Bottom