Irrigation question

• Thread starter fluffygrrrl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fluffygrrrl

fluffygrrrl

Last year we filled up my 400 gallon rez with water and then drove the trailer to the garden & watered my 25 x 50 garden by hand. Way too time consuming, there must be an easier way!. My garden is 300 feet from my well & house. I am thinking of either getting a pump and 1" pipe, or trying to dig a point well at the garden spot. I have swampy land very close to that, so it shouldn't have to drill that deep. Does anyone have any input on what would be the easiest way to water & how to do this correctly?

I have a ton of soaker hoses that I would love to be able to use. I know that psi is very important when you use them, so I don't know if they would work w/ pump.

Brain

Brain

If you get a multi zone timer and/or just use drippers or drip tubing you should be able to have enough pressure to do the whole garden. 1 roll of 3/4 or 1" poly will get you from the well to the garden then reduce to smaller poly to go to each pot or hole. Soaker hoses just aren't practical for this sort of thing. Drip tube will accomplish the same thing and waste less water without needing massive amounts of pressure.

Latest posts

Top Bottom