Irrigation System With Analog Timer! Help

• Thread starter vangs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
vangs

vangs

so i have 33 plants, 15-25gal pots, mostly 25g pots.. im using a flotec 1hp pump to create a irrigation system using 12in halo rings... im using 3/4in vinyl tubing and then reducing the tubing to 1/2in to connect to the halo rings.. My question is once the irrigation is setup and i connect the pump to a analog recycle timer, what is the best settings? should i do 2min on and 4hours off so the plants get feeding every 4 hours, 6 times a day or should i do longer feedings with shorter intervals like 4min on and 6hours off so the plants get fed 4 times a day but larger feeding. i no alot is preference but i want to make sure the plants arnt getting under fed.. anyone help?

Tank707

Tank707

What type of medium are you using? It's more about soil moisture versus frequency etc

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

If in coco. I try for 10-20% runoff.
Time how long it takes for this to happen.
If it's the 15 minute increments then that won't work.
Get a digital timer that goes down to the minute.
Most times it take about 1-2 minutes to for a 10-20% runoff.
I would set the timer to come on 3 times a day.
Once when the lights turn on. Another a few hours later and the last feed a hour before the lights go out.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Easy way to cheat is hand water them and measure how much you use. Pull a halo off. Time how long it takes to fill a bowl with said amount. Bam your cycle time or split that up over 24hrs ect. Always use the one furthest away from the pump. 15-25 gal pots i doubt you will have to water more then once a day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom