Is 2700K + 6400K the best light spectrum combo for CFl growers?

• Thread starter immortals
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
immortals

immortals

Most CFl growers use cool white 6400K bulbs for vegetation and then switch to warm white 2700K for flowering.
I was wondering if there is any use of the bulbs that cover the spectrum in between, like for example 5000K or 3700K.
Some of those in-between bulbs are being marketed as "daylight" spectrum.

So, is it a wise idea to use just one set of, say, 3700K bulbs for both vegetation and flowering, instead of buying one set of 6400K bulbs for vegetation and then spending more money on another set of 2700K bulbs for flowering?
What light spectrum combo would be best in terms of covering the plants' needs to the fullest?

Another question: with autoflowering plants, do we still need to switch to a warmer spectrum for the flowering phase or can autos do OK with blue light for flowering too?

jagle

jagle

many people use a bitta both for each phase of growth, so for veg say 6 6400k and 2 2700k, and flower, 6 2700k and 2 6400k. but generally you want red for flower, and blue for veg, so as long as the light is in the right spectrum range you can use say 2700 and 3000 and 3300 for flowering, and 5500 6000 and 6500 for veg, but again. 2700 and 6400 are quoted as these are commonly available bulbs in the correct colours.

so yes you can use combinations it cant hurt, but try keep the majority of your bulbs in the correct spectrum.

with autos who flower based upon age not light cycles will still benefit from the correct spectrum at the right stages of growth

Dr.X

Dr.X

Here some info that may help in your decision:
This is the light spectrum of the color temperature profile. When I grew with CFL I went 6500K for veg and 2700K for flower but I guess if you use mixed spectrum it would be better.. like 5000K+2700K for flower
Colourtemperatureannotated

And here the spectrum most plants need:
Action spectrum en

Photosynthis graph

Wavelength efects on plants grow

bobby

bobby

If you're using CFL's to grow, then your number one goal is probably to save money. If cost is your main concern, go with a mix and never change them (both 27k and 65k spectrums). The downside to this is you can't really experiment and find out what works better.

If you're not big on experiementation and simply want some good buds to smoke for the lowest cost grown....then go with the mixture, set it and forget it.

Top Bottom