Is a 110watt led light enough to grow 4 plants

• Thread starter Jabrownie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jabrownie

And do you have both switches turned on, or just Veg? They should both be turned on all the time with blurples, unless you're cloning or something.
I haven’t had both the switches on so far only the veg light has been switched on but for flowing I was planing on leaving them both leaved on maybe I should even do that right away

J

Jabrownie

Awsome that’s sounds positive I’m hoping they do there thing and hopefully thrive the lakushcake seems to be growing a little slo

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Are your plants autos? Dont forget that its the overall photons they receive not just intensity. So if they are autos you can improve this by running the light longer.

Ideally you want 18/6 or there abouts if you can but by running for longer periods you can running a lower wattage and still deliver the same amount of photons…

What im saying is if you have autos you can get away with less wattage.

I agree with @N1ghtL1ght 400-450w to many are pushing to hard for thier skill set and environment. That would be for 12/12 to flower well.

NOW HERE IS THE PART PPL MISS… if they are autos and your running 24hrs a day you ONLY NEED half that…. I swear one day soon im gonna do a write up on all these light issues and send it over to @N1ghtL1ght to add to it what i may have missed so i can just link it and save myself some typing.

Sorry to throw you under bus @N1ghtL1ght i just see almost everything you post to line up exactly with my experience, knowledge and opinions.

With all that said there is a benefit to a dark period and ideally we would want one if we have the light source needed

J

Jabrownie

Are your plants autos? Dont forget that its the overall photons they receive not just intensity. So if they are autos you can improve this by running the light longer.

Ideally you want 18/6 or there abouts if you can but by running for longer periods you can running a lower wattage and still deliver the same amount of photons…

What im saying is if you have autos you can get away with less wattage.

I agree with @N1ghtL1ght 400-450w to many are pushing to hard for thier skill set and environment. That would be for 12/12 to flower well.

NOW HERE IS THE PART PPL MISS… if they are autos and your running 24hrs a day you ONLY NEED half that…. I swear one day soon im gonna do a write up on all these light issues and send it over to @N1ghtL1ght to add to it what i may have missed so i can just link it and save myself some typing.

Sorry to throw you under bus @N1ghtL1ght i just see almost everything you post to line up exactly with my experience, knowledge and opinions.

With all that said there is a benefit to a dark period and ideally we would want one if we have the light source needed

J

Jabrownie

That is a lot of good information aqua man I may need to learn your technique, but my gelato #33 is already a decent size even tho I’ve been growing with low wattage power. The dispensary I bought it from said it test’s at 33%thc so Im hoping for some wizardry with my nuutrients and ventilation

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter

Your welcome Aqua, no need to say sorry if I can be helpfull I will be there. Yes, bigger posts that give a good breakdown of the interrelated factors coupled with experience are a good way to point new growers into the right direction and save some time for the forum's stock helpers and long-time members.

Alot of problems wouldn't even arise if the fine-tuning, this "dialing-in" is more on point to what is generally considered optimally for our plant.

Some of your big entries, like the "how to water coco" thread I refer also at other places and are well-received even with growers that have a decade of growing under the belt. For example, when changing from soil to coco, and having to rethink irrigation for example.

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
To be honest the light source should not be the the equipment you skimp out on! I say get what can for what it is... I have a philizon from Amazon rated at 660 watts usage with output at 1200... which I doubt... I have 5 plants myself under this... 4 in 7 gallons and 1 in 15 gallon pot...

The light source is what gives your plant life! Regardless of size the brighter the light the happier the plant!

growsince79

growsince79

Hey everyone new to the forum but I was wondering if anyone can answer my question where i have a 4x4 tent with reflective material on the inside and a 110watt led light with 4 plants inside. They seem to be doing good as far a the vegetative stage but when they start flowering is that a intense enough light to grow significant buds
no

J

Jabrownie

To be honest the light source should not be the the equipment you skimp out on! I say get what can for what it is... I have a philizon from Amazon rated at 660 watts usage with output at 1200... which I doubt... I have 5 plants myself under this... 4 in 7 gallons and 1 in 15 gallon pot...

The light source is what gives your plant life! Regardless of size the brighter the light the happier the plant!
Thanks for the advice, I’m 6 weeks into flower I have an updated pic I would like to share with you guys

FE2E4BB8 C6E5 4AB7 9863 EAD850FE668F
T

TDally

Thanks for the advice, I’m 6 weeks into flower I have an updated pic I would like to share with you guys
Hey, I've got the same giixer light from amazon... How did your grow went? you shoud really consider something more powerfull or another giixer light to pair in your grow space

R

ritoMox

Debatable?

Conducting Chlorophyl Energy Over Wires
by Dr. T. Galen Hieronymous

About 1930, I decided to try an experiment of conducting Chlorophyll Energy over wires. I had been conducting Eloptic Energy over long distance via wire.

A wood platform was installed on the south side of the house about six feet above the ground in order to get the desired potential of energy which increases with distance above the ground.

Having some wooden cigar boxes available, I cut boxes apart and cut pieces and made eight boxes that were 2″ X 2″ X 4″ although any size boxes will work.

Aluminum foil was placed on the bottom of seven boxes inside so as to be in contact with the soil.

Similar pieces of foil were placed on the underside of the lid of each box.

Wires were connected to each piece of foil, the wires from the lids were extended to the sun plates, the wires from the bottom foils were connected to the water pipe and thus grounded.

See Figure #2 (on the right) for details of the box construction.

9.jpg
Refer to Figure #1 which shows a ‘side’ view of the installation.

10.jpg

Figure #3 shows the system of connections.

11.jpg

Seven plates were placed on the platform so as to pick up energy from the sun and a wire was connected to each plate and extended down into the basement, each box having the top foil plate connected via wire to a plate out on the platform in the sunlight. The eighth box had no connection to the outside, it being the ‘control’.

The plates on the platform were all different in size. The smallest was 2″ X 4″, the next 4″ X 8″, the largest was about 8″ X 10″ and one plate was copper screen wire.

Some dirt was screened and 1/2 inch of dirt placed in each box. Oat seeds were selected, all of uniform size and planted in two rows of 5 seeds spaced in each row, the 1/2″ of dirt was placed on top in the box. The same amount of water was added to each box as needed from day to day.

All of the seeds sprouted about the same time. Then we noticed that there was no chlorophyll in the 10 plants in the control box. All of the boxes connected to outside plates had plants with much chlorophyll.

We were quite surprised to note that the plants in boxes with large outside plates seemed to look as if they had been subjected to heat. Apparently the large outside plates were bringing in an excess of energy compared with the effect of the small size outside plates.

Very soon, the plants grew too tall for the small amount of ‘head room’ in the boxes so each box was equipped with a spacer to raise the top of each lid up about 3/4″.

The boxes were placed on a shelf in the end of the basement where there was little light, with no windows at that end. Also, the shelf was kept dark by a board placed in front and another on top to exclude all light. The plants were dark all of the time except when they were examined by a flashlight.

A friend tried to duplicate the experiment, but did not follow all instructions. Their basement was only about 3 feet from the basement floor to the ground level outside.

Instead of placing the outside plates above ground 6 feet, they laid on the ground, thus they did not have the potential differences between outside collector and inside boxes and the experiment was a failure. Also, there was a window near that let much light into where the boxes were placed.

Anyone who expects to duplicate an experiment should be sure they know all the factors and that they follow the instructions exactly without any substitution or change. And as to changes, if you are trying to get a special result and are trying out several methods or ideas, one of the cardinal points to doing good work is to make just one change at a time.

Then you know just what the results are. If you make two changes and the result is a failure, you do not know but that one of the changes and the results is a failure, you do not know but that one of the changes may have been alright. LINK

R

ritoMox

Basically the above method is the same as the Electroculture method (Link). But whereas the above method uses plates exposed to the sun as the Positive voltage source (basically Nikola Tesla's Radiant Energy patent: Link Link), Electroculture uses an electrical source for its Positive voltage.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Basically the above method is the same as the Electroculture method (Link). But whereas the above method uses plates exposed to the sun as the Positive voltage source (basically Nikola Tesla's Radiant Energy patent: Link Link), Electroculture uses an electrical source for its Positive voltage.
Dude is probably my favourite of all time

R

ritoMox

Supply your positive voltage and your amps are free from earth ground.
If you use the sun for your positive voltage then it's all free! FYI, more surface area will make up for a lack of height.👍✌️

Last edited:
L

Landracehunter

Hey everyone new to the forum but I was wondering if anyone can answer my question where i have a 4x4 tent with reflective material on the inside and a 110watt led light with 4 plants inside. They seem to be doing good as far a the vegetative stage but when they start flowering is that a intense enough light to grow significant buds
No it's not probably using 5 gallon pots Has a lot to do with who manufactures the light what type of diodes are used what driver u have a 110w Walmart grow light is significantly different than a HLG 150 I Tink that is there smallest That's why you see the prices very dramatically For sameWatage It is a full spectrum Generally though smaller lights are for vegetatives day only You're gonna want to have one that produces that red light that is what they need during floweringYou can veg with CFL inexpensive inital cost is sodium bulb high energy consumption but in a 4x4 600w sodium is going to give u great yeilds Do you use a higher quality bulb even better like Don't buy the most expensive Which is generally the houorrlux or a HLG 300L Rspec 400 bucks sodium 175 all in from Amazon Sodium generates a lot of heat and especially in the small space Do you want to move a lot of air and possibly have small air conditioning With sodium you however can Do it without AC If you use co2 hopefully I confused you But if it doesn't have the red light Look up a light chart for what you need for cannabis compair what's labeled on the package If you paid less than a 100 bucks you probably don't have a full spectrum

Top Bottom