Is a cooler drying shed with lower RH good or bad?

• Thread starter smaccio
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
smaccio

smaccio

I shoot for 60 degrees and 60% RH in my drying area. So iff the temperature drops to 55 and the RH drops to 55, is that good or bad? I have this theory that the sum of the temp and RH should be 120-130...just a dumb index idea. I know hot and dry is bad for hanging, but cold and dry? When it's cold, dry air is dryer than when it's warm, right? RELATIVE humidity? Does that accelerate drying? Somebody out there can science this one!

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
It's good, just takes a bit longer to dry. I also shoot for 60/60, and feel it is the best balance between slow drying and not waiting forever. I don't think you will see that much benefit from drying any colder than that though.

Madbud

Madbud

Try this if you have a scale. Weigh a nice bud or stem twice a day until it almost stops losing weight.

Madmax

Madmax

Agree with DB ..As long as it doesnt stay that cool and flutuates a little higher should b good..if kept that cool the buds feel soft like dampish and when exposed to warmer weather it goes real dry so try and get it up a little .ive used a small 50w reptile heater in my small veg room to get the temp where i wanted and extraction fan plugged into inkbird set at 60% works incredibly well..

dirt_wizard

dirt_wizard

I shoot for 60 degrees and 60% RH in my drying area. So iff the temperature drops to 55 and the RH drops to 55, is that good or bad? I have this theory that the sum of the temp and RH should be 120-130...just a dumb index idea. I know hot and dry is bad for hanging, but cold and dry? When it's cold, dry air is dryer than when it's warm, right? RELATIVE humidity? Does that accelerate drying? Somebody out there can science this one!
That's not a dumb idea, that's exactly how relative humidity and absolute humidity work. I went through this with my drying space, which is 50-55 degrees and I can't do much about it. The same absolute humidity would be around 70% RH to match 60f/60% that's recommended

Top Bottom