Is all this shatter ruined?

• Thread starter dispomanager
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dispomanager

Hello, I manage a small dispensary in Montana. I keep back stock of shatter in a freezer. I had about 1000 grams of shatter in this freezer and last night the power went out and the freezer defrosted resulting in all my shatter being absolutely SOAKED. Our shatter is wrapped in wax paper and packaged in paper envelopes. If I just leave these out to air dry will they be okay to sell?

Observationist

Observationist

sounds shady if I were to buy that

From a business perspective I would not put my name behind that product

You’d think the water would evaporate away eventually

thepressclub.co

thepressclub.co

Supporter
If you have any pictures, we'll be happy to take a look and see. If there's any water residual that went into the rosin, it'll be much tougher to salvage. Can't tell for sure unless we have more info and a picture defintiely helps!

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Hello, I manage a small dispensary in Montana. I keep back stock of shatter in a freezer. I had about 1000 grams of shatter in this freezer and last night the power went out and the freezer defrosted resulting in all my shatter being absolutely SOAKED. Our shatter is wrapped in wax paper and packaged in paper envelopes. If I just leave these out to air dry will they be okay to sell?
sounds shady if I were to buy that

From a business perspective I would not put my name behind that product

You’d think the water would evaporate away eventually
It's refreshing to see people write with a concious. There's too much shady businesses going on everywhere Iook. I never got deep in making shatter, but I hope you won't have to take a 1k gram loss.
Best of luck

Observationist

Observationist

It's refreshing to see people write with a concious. There's too much shady businesses going on everywhere Iook. I never got deep in making shatter, but I hope you won't have to take a 1k gram loss.
Best of luck
Thanks

As I plan to start a business in the future

Honesty and transparency goes along ways.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I would be very surprised if true shatter was even a little hygroscopic. Meaning I doubt the water made it into the product. It's like trying to mix water and motor oil - you gotta really want that stuff mixed to do it, naturally they phase and separate.

Like said above, post pics.

There is the "should I sell it as normal" question - thats a judgement call based on what you are looking at.
There is the "would I use this product myself" question, and I'm having a hard time believing the answer is no, especially if you could run it under a vacuum oven for a bit. Molecularly, the shatter has not changed with the introduction of water.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Thanks

As I plan to start a business in the future

Honesty and transparency goes along ways.
I hope so, cause I got hit hard a few times doing the "right things", by the people closest to me. Gotta keep moving no matter what, and learn from my mistakes.

Observationist

Observationist

I hope so, cause I got hit hard a few times doing the "right things", by the people closest to me. Gotta keep moving no matter what, and learn from my mistakes.
it happens, it sucks, doing the right thing and business/profits don't mix.

gotta have TEGRIDY, haha.

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

there’s a lack of self awareness and consciousness in this society
I've met great people, and have had true friends, but it just seems as I age along with my peers, I'm noticing people just don't know right from wrong. God knows I have my flaws, and problems, but when I say I'm going to do something, I do everything I can to keep my word. My biggest regrets have been doing the right things for people asking my help. So how do I learn from that mistake? All I could come up with is be very, very careful, and allow people to earn my trust. Oh, and get it in writing lol

Observationist

Observationist

I've met great people, and have had true friends, but it just seems as I age along with my peers, I'm noticing people just don't know right from wrong. God knows I have my flaws, and problems, but when I say I'm going to do something, I do everything I can to keep my word. My biggest regrets have been doing the right things for people asking my help. So how do I learn from that mistake? All I could come up with is be very, very careful, and allow people to earn my trust. Oh, and get it in writing lol
I’ve only met a few people that actually keep their word

I try to be one of em

steamroller

steamroller

Unwrap and as mentioned the shatter probably has not absorbed any water. They don't mix ..LITERALLY .
You should conduct some test to see if taste has been effected ,but beyond that and possibly an appearance difference, nothing chemically should have changed ..
New wrappers and you should be good to go ..
Maybe discount it and be honest why . If it tasted fine I would not be worried by your story .

Observationist

Observationist

Unwrap and as mentioned the shatter probably has not absorbed any water. They don't mix ..LITERALLY .
You should conduct some test to see if taste has been effected ,but beyond that and possibly an appearance difference, nothing chemically should have changed ..
New wrappers and you should be good to go ..
Maybe discount it and be honest why . If it tasted fine I would not be worried by your story .

Agree with this

I think it would be shady to sell product like that, this isn’t off the streets context.

this is a commercial regulated business, let’s be Men and do business accordingly, fair and truthfully, and deliver top tier product, in any producing industry.

But If it’s salvageable and not chemically different

I’d just be up front about it
and shave a dollar or two off.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom