Is anybody familiar with hoverflies?

• Thread starter bguwop420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bguwop420

bguwop420

I've got a whole population of these things in my backyard. I read that they are beneficial to cannabis plants...they hang out on my plants all day long flying leaf to leaf...just noticed like 20 of them on my 4 plants and wondering if this could get outta control or cause damage?

bguwop420

bguwop420

Picture for reference..
Usually the baby ones get caught on my sticky traps I guess they aren't smart enough to dodge them but one day of not putting out my sticky traps the amount of these things has tripled. They're everywhere lmao

Screenshot 20230806 135702 Instagram
cpurola

cpurola

You're fine. Yes they are beneficial. When their eggs hatch and the babies can no longer find food (aphids mostly) they will die.
Also, there are tiny greenish flies with long legs that may land on you. They are also beneficial and are called long legged flies.

bguwop420

bguwop420

You're fine. Yes they are beneficial. When their eggs hatch and the babies can no longer find food (aphids mostly) they will die.
Also, there are tiny greenish flies with long legs that may land on you. They are also beneficial and are called long legged flies.
Yea they been helping me a lot but I think after spraying this new minty smelling stuff yesterday I think they don't like that

Top Bottom