Is anyone else using apotforpot?

• Thread starter SourDC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SourDC

SourDC

Greetings,

I've been using this commercial product from a company called apotforpot, everything supplied except the seed to get started. Their setup is a bit unique in that a layer of coco coir is placed upon a bottom layer of super soil, all in a fabric pot. I'm using a 2 gallon size; other sizes are available. The instructions say to just add ph-balanced water; no nutrients required. I made a 2'x4' panda film-lined tent. Temperature and humidity controlled. Fan. I have 2 plants - autoflowers, each with a dedicated 75 Watt COB LED light from RapidLED, also sold by apotforpot. I do LST. I'm on my 5th plant now, but would like to increase my yields. I got about 25 g from the last plant, and that was my best harvest so far.

I'm wondering if anyone else has used their products, what your experience has been, and also general feedback on the description of my arrangement described above.

Appreciate any feedback.

SourDC

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I'm betting you know more about this product and how well it works than anyone else here. I have never used or heard of it, but the basics of growing in soil probably apply: the bigger the pot, the greater the yield.

There are all sorts of caveats to this. You have to veg them long enough to gain size. With an auto, of course, you don't choose how long they veg.

Since you have a tent, you might consider experimenting with photoperiod strains. You will have the extra control of how long you veg and you'll have a much greater variety to choose from.

All this said, I'm sure mixing soil and filling pots would be cheaper than buying these pre-filled pots. While it may sound confusing, growing reefer is not rocket science.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I used it for my first grow. The soil is great but get nutes. I continue to use the system with some refinements. I use Roots Organics products within the system. I started mixing my own soil as it was just too expensive to ship, though the stuff is good. I amend Ocean Forest personally.

You can see my last two diaries including my perpetual one for how I grow.

SourDC

SourDC

I used it for my first grow. The soil is great but get nutes. I continue to use the system with some refinements. I use Roots Organics products within the system. I started mixing my own soil as it was just too expensive to ship, though the stuff is good. I amend Ocean Forest personally.

You can see my last two diaries including my perpetual one for how I grow.
Thank you, Milson. I did try to supplement my last setup with the Foxfarm nutrient trio, going with about 1/4 strength when the auto was about 4 weeks old. Ended up burning my plant, so I'm a little gun shy with nutrients. Still coming up to speed on all this. Armed with pH and EC meters now, but regressed to water only for the time being until I'm certain about how to proceed. I looked through your pics and read through your grow diary. Sounds like you have a science background.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Thank you, Milson. I did try to supplement my last setup with the Foxfarm nutrient trio, going with about 1/4 strength when the auto was about 4 weeks old. Ended up burning my plant, so I'm a little gun shy with nutrients. Still coming up to speed on all this. Armed with pH and EC meters now, but regressed to water only for the time being until I'm certain about how to proceed. I looked through your pics and read through your grow diary. Sounds like you have a science background.
Just curious. I actually have an mfa in poetry lol. But yeah, it's easy to burn the plants early with this system. Part of why I go to coco first now.

Still trying to find the right balance when they inevitably strain the soil layer in late stretch.

Latest posts

Top Bottom