Is Athena ec schedule too high ?

• Thread starter Voyager90
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

Voyager90

Hi everybody, I start my first run with Athena but feed chart schedule seems so much high in ec value.
I usually run 1.5/6/7 in veg and 1.9/2 in flow, Athena star veg with 2.1 ec value.
Isn't that too high ?

Kgunge

Kgunge

Hi everybody, I start my first run with Athena but feed chart schedule seems so much high in ec value.
I usually run 1.5/6/7 in veg and 1.9/2 in flow, Athena star veg with 2.1 ec value.
Isn't that too high ?
No you’ll be fine. Follow their schedule , feed accordingly to your setup and plants. Athena does best in 100% coco or rockwool.

MEGA956

MEGA956

I've been running Athena Pro for a while now, I normally feed @2.0 EC from beginning of veg to end of flower.

Kgunge

Kgunge

I've been running Athena Pro for a while now, I normally feed @2.0 EC from beginning of veg to end of flower.
That’s how I started also , my plants always underperformed at 2.0ec. That’s because athena EC should be stacked inside the medium (allow medium EC to rise). When I get around 8-10ec in the medium I see the best results personally.

DR.PNW

DR.PNW

Isn't that too high ?
Athena has developed a very precise regime.
We had their reps here for a meeting last week for a run-down on their procedure and product applications.
They are designed as a pure hydro nutrient, ie RW as the ideal, coco as compatible.
The EC values are high but are designed for continual flushing, stacking can be detrimental if you arent getting your 20-30% runoff as base nutrients will become unbalanced.
The higher EC value is also offset by the fact that these salts are usually run under ideal conditions. ie. high intensity LEDs supplemented with high Co2 levels, and precise environmental controls, usually in a factory setting; essentially pushing plants to their limit.
Notice they do give a wide variance for final EC due to this fact.
A tent just cant keep up with a closed loop factory garden.
Testing EC and pH in/out is key but the best thing a farmer can do is learn to read their plants; if they look healthy then what your doing is safe.
Check out the Athena handbook, its packed with lots of great technical information of you like graphs and such [link below].

labomba

labomba

That’s how I started also , my plants always underperformed at 2.0ec. That’s because athena EC should be stacked inside the medium (allow medium EC to rise). When I get around 8-10ec in the medium I see the best results personally.
I'm thinking of giving Athena a try.
Anyone who's been growing in pure Coco can share their experience with or without runoffs?

Top Bottom