Is C-Plus an F1?

• Thread starter chappie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

chappie

Hello-

Wondering if anyone can confirm that C-Plus is a direct F1 between Cali O and BB or if those are merely the parents and its been worked a few generations.

Thanks!

C

chappie

Thanks! I'm loving it so far Chimera - great work. I'll post some updates as next harvest approaches.

C

chappie

Realizing that another cross within a pack of C-Plus is going to yield an F2 population of unstable plants, I am aiming to do it anyway. My goal is largely to practice selective pollenation technique and testing of my new male isolation chamber. That said, I would still like to net some decent seeds for further experimentation. Within such a small population (9 plants) I know real selection is difficult, but thats what I have to work with. There were 5 females and 3 males.

They are amazingly uniform with a couple minor exceptions. I do not have time to select males based on progeny, and am willing to take the accept the ramifications of my sloppy breeding technique in this case. Its either this approach or none, so:

1 (f) tall and lanky, large internode spacings
2 (f) sweet smell, minor crinkly leaf, suffered leaf burn under t5s
3 (f) slowest to reveal sex
4 (f) thick, dank (kindof unpleasant) smell
5 (f) - squattest and most indica appearance, waxy-shiny leaves
6 m - shortest and most aromatic, favored
7 m - slowest to reveal and lanky
8 m - tall
9 m - tallest

Its no problem to seed a branch on every female and select from those buds after harvest. The males always post more of a problem. I could fit all 3 into the isolation chamber to mix them, but I like DJs rule of thumb about avoiding tall, hempy males. I am wondering then about #6 vs #7. Short and aromatic seems good, but slow to reveal might also carry more interesting sativa nature, eh? Should I mix those two? I'm leaning towards using only #6 but if anyone familiar with Chimera's plants would like to chime in, I am all ears.

C

chappie

I went with #6 as the male and the female is the one out of 5 that actually smells like oranges. I acutally dusted all of them but hit the orangey one the hardest. This is just for fun and practice making seeds, I am not really aiming to work this line. Should be fun to have some orangey seeds stashed for a rainy day though.

C

chappie

Here they are, about 4 weeks in:

1MV0

C

chappie

They are frosting up nicely, going for long, slender spears it looks like. The resin on two in particular is very wet, frictionless. Is that what people call "greasy"? It makes the fingers sticky later, but at the moment of rubbing, its like oil.

Also, most of the plants have next to no smell right now! Even the nasty glue scented one has gone mute. The most high-orange one still has whispers of it. I am hoping this is just a lull in their cycle... The leaves are all green and erect, they look super-happy. No curl or burn or fading to yellow yet. Any idea if this is a normal part of their growth, or am I lacking/overfeeding something?

thanks!

C

chappie

Just a glance at the C-Pluses, they are doing well though slow and steady. Still minimal aroma...

1Q8M

and for the heck of it, I liked how horizontal this cutting has become:

1Q8J

1Q8K

L

latrell24

Nice grow the c + is supposed to be tough to grow a real light feeder. You get any that smell like oranges? How was the high? I need to pick up a pack of these

Cptn

Cptn

Hi Chappie,
Your girls look BEAUTIFUL!
the most important criteria in selection for breeding is the high it provides. Everything else comes after that. With females, it is simple: dust them all and pick the winner after harvest.
With males, you have to test your abilities to differentiate between plants by smoking tops (pre-flowering.)
The key is using tops from the same part of each plant, smoking the same amount and starting with a clean palate. DJ recommends first thing in the morning.
At the minimum, record how long the buzz lasts. Take notes on the effects. Be scientific. Since this is just part of your ongoing growers education, I wouldn't worry too much.
F1's are known to be fairly consistent display of the dominant traits of both parents. F2'sare where you will see significant diversity and have the opportunity to find some really interesting phenos. The goal of course being to create your own personal ultimate plant.
The clearer the picture of what that ideal looks like becomes in your mind, the easier your selection can be.
Good luck with the rest of your grow.

D

davie blah

can anyone tell me if chimera seeds are still being made ? im dying to get a hold of cplus bb=gf and laughing buddha are they still available or are they discontinued . any feedback would be much appreciated thanks

C

chappie

Just a followup: these plants were great! Not hard to grow at all, though I am pretty miserly with my feedings and probably err on the side of underfeeding. Some of them did have a very nice, unique orange smell. It was mixed with something like play-doh or some other weird plastic which wasn't wholly unpleasant but not among the normal cannabis bouquets.

High is very pleasant; "daytime" workable but also relaxing. Packs a mental punch with decent doses. Easy to overdo in the vape, especially at night.

Only problem was that a lot of my harvest molded during curing. No fault of the plant, just very difficult to properly dry out here in the PACNW, especially in autumn.

I did make F2s of these and also crossed it with Killing Fields. Looking forward to growing those out!

Currently have SB#2 going, just started flowering and they look great. Also have a HMXBB that is a cutting from a greenhouse plant, 24" tall with just a couple little nugs but they smell outlandishly amazing. I'll do all I can to reveg that one and get a dozen of those little sticks next time.

Thanks for all the interest and advice here.

Top Bottom