Is Defoliation in mid floweR ok?

• Thread starter FosterOg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FosterOg

my pink kush just finished its 4th week of flowering. Can I still defoliate? I did removed quite a bit in week two of flower

Is defoliation in mid flower ok
Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Ouch week two is not when you want to do any Defoliation. Doesn’t look like it hurt mind however avoid doing it during the stretch phase next time.

I will give you a honest opinion I always do even if I don’t like Defoliation.

I see no reason none of the bud sites are covered by fan leaves, I think you’d do more harm than good the fan leaves store nutes and help feed the plants
There there for a reason
They also buffer any fert mistakes

Btw you need to cut back on the n I see clawing on the fan leaves witch indicates to much n

Too much n and the flowers don’t forum as well. Your on the side of cutting back now and no harm done however don’t cut back and you’ll have a excess n problem

Best of luck and enjoy the adventure 🙂

F

FosterOg

Ouch week two is not when you want to do any Defoliation. Doesn’t look like it hurt mind however avoid doing it during the stretch phase next time.

I will give you a honest opinion I always do even if I don’t like Defoliation.

I see no reason none of the bud sites are covered by fan leaves, I think you’d do more harm than good the fan leaves store nutes and help feed the plants
There there for a reason
They also buffer any fert mistakes

Btw you need to cut back on the n I see clawing on the fan leaves witch indicates to much n

Too much n and the flowers don’t forum as well. Your on the side of cutting back now and no harm done however don’t cut back and you’ll have a excess n problem

Best of luck and enjoy the adventure 🙂
Thanks for the advice feedback and I noticed the claw . I was trying to figure it out. Thanks again

Newty

Newty

I know it's a very controversial topic, I don't really have an opinion of it myself because I've never done it before.
I decided on my current 8x4 grow that I would research defoliation in flower and try it to see what happens.
In my research on defoliation in flower, I found that the same advice was given to remove pretty much all the major fan leaves during week 3 of flower and not to do anymore major defoliation after that.
I found this info on several growing websites.
I went ahead and did a major defoliation at week 3 of flower as suggested and I'm now at the start of week 6 and so far I like what I see.

The grow before this, I grew the same strain with the same amount of plants with the same soil, pots, tent, lights, etc but I did not defoliate so once I harvest this grow, I will know if there was an improvement or if it hurt the yield/quailty.

Like I said before, I don't have an opinion either way as of now and I only did it as a test/comparison knowing the risks.

I will post the results once I harvest.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I went ahead and did a major defoliation at week 3 of flower as suggested and I'm now at the start of week 6 and so far I like what I see.
I defoliated a plant after the stretch last grow. The potency was so good I had to hide it from my wife.

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

i defoliate all through the grow sometimes you can not tell i did it but i did

Mr.OrganicGrows

Mr.OrganicGrows

I’ll defoliate throughout the grow, has not negatively impacted anything.

The one caveat is I will not remove more than 10% total foliage at any given time and I wait 2-3 weeks before doing anymore.

mjvdet13

mjvdet13

So this defintely has to be one of the most controversial topics around but the best answer is yes you can defoliate and most people do after week 4 but if you are really dialing in your garden pro style generally keep it prior to day 21 and after day 56 (if its an 8 week strain).

there is never a time im not defoliating tbh just dont hack your plants to death and avoid pruning branches past week 3 and you'll be fine.

Also lets let it be said that defoliating has almost everything to do with the style of weed you want to grow. purest growers are going to say blah blah blah fan leaves are there for a reason and nutrients blah blah but I can almost guarantee you those guys arent growing the showcase weed everyone wants nowadays. the more crowded your plants are the poorer the end product will be and thats a fact no one can deny.. not to mention crowded gardens are succeptible to other problems like bugs and and PM etc.. im ranting here but you get the idea

Top Bottom