is flushing 100% necessary(i'm using a nft tank)

• Thread starter jon blaze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jon blaze

can some one help please is flushing 100% necessary(i'm using a nft tank)

:harvest:hows ya doin people need help/advice i'm using a nft tank and have some niravana ak-48 and this is week seven i haven't put any nutrients in for over a week now i thought if i let it just let it run low it would be sort of flushing it but it didnt it got higher so i added more water but the ec count is still really high what can i do obviously i can change water completely but would rather not have to waste a full nutrient tank? also i dont want to harvest to early and definately dont want to leave it to late i read online that when there finished the bud leaves will start to curl upwards is that true as i've never heard it before? and apart from a microscope whats a good way to tell when to harvest?:confused0054:

AK 48 2 weeks left amnesia haze trichomes 005
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Use Clearex or similar at least once prior to chopping.

There are several factors/indicators that help determine ripeness. One is trichomes, and all I see there are clear--bad juju if that's a heavy Sativa/Sativa dominant line. Another would be pistils, is it still popping a bunch of new white ones with hardly any "old" red hairs? Buds fattening, are they still or do they seem to have stopped?

In my opinion the result is a better product when one uses the plant's signals instead of a calendar to determine readiness. Others may have different experiences or opinions, so I'm qualifying this as mine.

So, in list form, ways to determine when it's time to chop:

* Trichomes, the natural progression is: clear --> cloudy --> amber -- Mostly clear tells me that most girls aren't ready.
* Pistils, again strain dependent: Popping lots of new, fat, silky white ones? Or are just a few showing up here and there, otherwise mostly red (i.e. spent) hairs?
* Buds themselves! Are they continuing to fatten up? If so, ride that train! If over several days they don't appear to be fattening or growing much, that's another indicator.

If feeding chemical salt-based nutrients I like to give just water + molasses (alternate feedings of plain water) after tapering down over two weeks, for at least one week to ten days, and to use a salt-clearing solution such as Clearex, rather than passing gallons and gallons of water through the pots.

Big V

Big V

You are in hydro you need to flush for sure... Good advice from Seamaiden...

J

jon blaze

thanks guys good advice really helpful i'm gona load the rest of the pics to see what you think of them they do seem to have slowed down abit but i cant tell because some of the buds look finished but the trichs some still look clear i'm gona wait till half way through the seven'th week and start choppin then i'll take some fresh ones tomorrow trichs and buds see what you think thanks again fella's

Big V

Big V

I would wait till I start seeing amber trichs before I started chopping. I don't think you will be happy with the AK before 65 days but thats just my opinion.

L

LUDACRIS.

I would wait till I start seeing amber trichs before I started chopping. I don't think you will be happy with the AK before 65 days but thats just my opinion.

Depends on the stone you want to achieve.
I go milky = max THC. Although some trichomes maybe going amber and thats because we have 3 types of trichomes on one bud.

LUDA.
:)

S

Stop C.B.C.B

I concur...very important to give the plant time to flush out excess nutrients...often times "hacking/coughing" can be and indicator of excess phosphorous in your material. Medicine should be flushed well...your girls will be happier and their medicine tastier.

hiboy

hiboy

To lower that ppm
flush with new water, empty water, refill water, flush again. water running thru your medium is the hot ticket. Add clearex like seamaiden said. had great results with that
h

Top Bottom