Is flusing with RO water ok?

• Thread starter Vexor1717
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Vexor1717

Vexor1717

Hello, new to growing and this is my 1st time using coco coir and using RO water. Does CalMag need to be added during the flush? Do I need to PH the RO water? I see very different options from people and would like some opinions. Thanks!

Cookoo4Coco

Cookoo4Coco

I would defiantly add a little cal mag to the RO before flushing! When im feeling lazy i just add a splash of nutes from my veg reservior. Straight RO water will grab onto all the stuff in the soil and pull it out in a way that is not desired.

Please someone smarter call me out if im wrong lol

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
I’m not using RO personally, as my tap water is first world. 👍
But when flushing/finishing in coco, in the last week or so. RO is fine, speeds up the flushing process.

Odiesel

Odiesel

Im growing in coco but my flushing will be with tap water similar to @Mr.GreenthumbOG but im sure for the last week or 2 depending on how long you flush will not be bad to use RO i would still PH to be safe which is what i do

Vexor1717

Vexor1717

Im growing in coco but my flushing will be with tap water similar to @Mr.GreenthumbOG but im sure for the last week or 2 depending on how long you flush will not be bad to use RO i would still PH to be safe which is what i do
What do you PH it to? Like 6.0?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

No need to ph RO water (or most tap water) it will instantly take on the ph of the medium. It has no alkalinity or acidity.

chemistry

chemistry

If it's your final flush before you chop, then use just water, RO or tap, no point in PH or adding anything as your chopping.

XxHammer

XxHammer

I use RO water myself and always add CaMg. RO is stripped of everything so I put the CaMg back into it from Day 1 with my plants. So far its been going just fine.

I do find that I have to adjust the pH AFTER adding CaMg, usually about 1/2tsp of pH UP for every 1tsp of CaMg (1tsp of CaMg per Gallon), although I may boost this is 2tsp per Gallon after the plants have been transplanted and are a bit bigger.

Latest posts

Top Bottom