is fox farm ocean forest bad for seedlings?

• Thread starter my9goesbang
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Narsbars

Narsbars

could you put the seedlings in the fox farm ocean forest ?
I have done it and found it to be too "hot" for seedlings. Some will grow but many will fail due to high level of nutes. You can put the seedlings in peat cup starters with starting mix and just let them grow through into the FF once they are big enough and start needing more ferts. Good luck.

M

my9goesbang

I have done it and found it to be too "hot" for seedlings. Some will grow but many will fail due to high level of nutes. You can put the seedlings in peat cup starters with starting mix and just let them grow through into the FF once they are big enough and start needing more ferts. Good luck.
would any starter mix work?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

It depends on the method of grow you use, and no, FFOF not really that hot.
We don't use it anymore anyway.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

4x4 grow tent sf4000 light.. grow in soil. I was reading start off with happy from then transplant to ocean forest?
Not in our tents. Fox Farms changed their formula a while back. We changed to Lush.
BUT we grow organic and do not feed nutes. Decide on your grow style first.

JeffWix67

JeffWix67

I pop my seeds in a Dixie cup with just promix. You do not need an amended soil until the contlydons turn yellow or drop off...by then you should have enough root growth to transplant into an amended medium or ferted in the Dixie cup.

Anthem

Anthem

This is completely untrue. I have planted countless seeds and seedlings in FFOF.

BionicKroniK

BionicKroniK

could you put the seedlings in the fox farm ocean forest ?
Welcome to the FARM! 👍😎

We used FFOF in our first indoor grow for 3 Amnesia Haze and 3 Big Bud seedlings (all from ILGM) and they were good with it (NO amends/nutes needed then), but FF changed their formula since then and you'll NEED to add your amends/nutes, etc. now.

We're now using Lush in our current grow (NO amends/nutes needed): https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/sf1000-goes-organic-in-our-2x4.132312/

We prefer the Lush vs. FFOF...We've had to add more soil throughout the FF grow, the soil lvl dropped around 2-3 inches every 2-4 wks. in ALL pots, whereas with the Lush, we've only needed to add more soil to one pot that dropped a lvl of 1-2 inches (older of 4 plants)....BIG plus, imo AND the Lush was also way much more cheaper than the FFOF, and you get MORE for your money too...BONUS! 😁

Hope this helps...Good Luck with your grow! 👍😎

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Absolutely not, I use fox farm ocean forest exclusively and grow only autoflowers with are much more fussy and there much more delicate and never have problems, so I would recommend it for autos or photoperiod seedlings. Pic 1 dark devel auto 15 days from sprout, Pic 2 either big develxl or critical not shure but as you can see both seedlings are happy and dd can stand on its own, you will be fine.

20211214 101724
20211214 101729
Top Bottom