Is Growing Marijana That Difficult?

• Thread starter oLd1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FOE20

FOE20

Maestro Loco
Supporter
I use to raise illegal in the brush. Had plenty of seed. Now legal and can only grow inside.

I grow a regular Garden, Fruits, Berries and Shitake Mushrooms. Hunt and Fish. Have Farmed for years. Always trying something new and fail. My wife tells me stick with what works.

Growing inside seems the biggest problem is trying to push plants too much. Seems to me don't over water, watch for Bugs. Pruning can produce more but too much can produce less or at worse kill the plant.

So what I'm asking is Marijuana Plants just like any other plant?

oLd1
Far as growing in veg stage yes they can be very similar to certain types of plants..For myself it compares more to a Fruit Bush or Tree,...It prod fruit that we have to ripen which is unusual for a Annual Flower....which IMO its not.....The challenge lies in how to properly Flower each type of variety and understanding why it flowers the way it does...Which is all also related to the enviro it is in as here a basic formula to visualize it...50% Genetics + 50% Environment = 100% Expression....just realize you and everything around you is the Enviro....Grow with your plants..
Hope that helps
FOE20

Last edited:
Ems49

Ems49

Mtnstate
Supporter
You can actually cut out one of those bottles completely if you choose. Google, the Lucas formula. It's just 2 of the 3 parts and cal mag. I used a modified version that the youtuber bill ward grows with. His is just maxi bloom and cal mag from start to finish. Been doing it that way a couple grows.View attachment 1170910
Great ill do it thanks✌👍

Ponky

Ponky

I have never did Hydro on anything. Actually just scared to start.

oLd1
Hydro is as easy as putting a scoop of powder in a bucket and measuring 2 ounces of liquid. Just have to do it once or twice a week. It is pretty easy. Just makes a little sound. Hydro is not hard. I got one of my best batches off of my super basic grow recipe. Less bugs. It's a great way to do a small grow.

MasterUnvailed

MasterUnvailed

I did basically the same thing and, with the exception of a learning curve, have had much the same experience. Is cannabis super easy to grow? That depends. It is super easy to grow a plant with buds. But it takes time, persistence, practice and a thirst for knowledge if you're out with the aim to produce the most resinous bud possible with a high gram per watt ratio. It's mostly about deciphering what strain(s), nutrients and medium you play best with. You're most well practiced with outdoor gardening? Maybe jumping into hydro isn't the easiest way to start. All I can say is research research research...then research...lol. Cannabis is very similar to many outdoor crops, but as you pointed out yourself being indoors you must control every single aspect and this is where most growers either start overlooking details or focusing too hard on certain details.

MasterUnvailed

MasterUnvailed

You can actually cut out one of those bottles completely if you choose. Google, the Lucas formula. It's just 2 of the 3 parts and cal mag. I used a modified version that the youtuber bill ward grows with. His is just maxi bloom and cal mag from start to finish. Been doing it that way a couple grows.View attachment 1170910
Apologies for my double post!! I meant to add, Lucas formula as this grower has pointed out has made hydroponics a breeze. I use Floranova Bloom which is basically liquid Maxibloom. Seed to harvest, no Floranova Grow. I also don't add Calmag, but many do, I only add it when required as a reactionary measure.

Ems49

Ems49

Mtnstate
Supporter
I read bud builder is toxic was design for flowers. I use gh because you can grow food with it

Wolfe

Wolfe

Sometimes it’s easy and sometimes difficult. Like when your plants get infected with something it can be a nightmare. Other times it’s smooth sailing the whole way though. Also there are plenty of ways to maximize potential. The amount you yield can make things easier or harder. Pretty simple to grow as long as you give it what it likes and some learn strains like nutes more than others. Quite a few factors and over all very rewarding when good medicine is achieved.

Mikar

Mikar

Consider lights as the best investment . Read up on LEDs and buy the very best quality domestic made and you'll be happy . More power usually gives greater bud development in the entire plant canopy. 600 min to 1000 actual watts per 4x4 area .🤗

growsince79

growsince79

Consider lights as the best investment . Read up on LEDs and buy the very best quality domestic made and you'll be happy . More power usually gives greater bud development in the entire plant canopy. 600 min to 1000 actual watts per 4x4 area .🤗
600w is more than enough for 4x4. 1000w can cover 6 x 6

Mikar

Mikar

Height of fixture , reflective area of floors ,walls etc., plant canopy depth all make a difference. Seems that even at a foot the plants seem to be asking for more than the HLG Diablo at 650 watts. It's an awesome light. Top notch. I'll go bigger now on Sativa's.

nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

Sometimes a successful grow is just good genetics and dumb luck. Case in point…my first grow was in 1991 when I knew virtually nothing and relied on “The Marijuana Grower’s Guide” as my bible. Planted 2 bag seeds in 5 gallon plastic pots, probably in my sandy garden soil, and probably used miracle grow and both plants grew about 3 ft tall and yielded about 2 oz each of the most incredible piney and frosty potent buds. Stuff was so good I was able to revege one inside after fall harvest using two fluorescent grow-lux bulbs and grow outside during second summer. Ever since I started using all these grow soils and nutrients for my outdoor grows over the past 15+ my, yields have gone up but I’ve never matched the quality of that first grow.

Top Bottom