Is it a boy…again

• Thread starter cbrians
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Novaracer69

Novaracer69

Now I have the worst luck with regs to the point I won't buy regs anymore. I have a few packs that are going to be around for a few years 🤣 I have been making my own fems once I found out how it was done I was off to the races. I personally haven't had herm issues like I have with regs.

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Too early. But let’s see if the crossed stipules pan out to be female. I don’t have much faith in it but Some say, it can be an indicator!
im pretty sure what makes the stipules cross like that, is the rapid development of the internode shoots, which imho are the actual female indicator. Doesnt always work that way though.

Males dont usually focus much on developing those branching internodes. Females are more concerned with developing bud sites

Even when you top a male plant, it's like they don't know what to do for a bit lol. Can kinda create a funny looking stick-man-plant.

To the op, smoke a doob and relax. All you need to get going strong is one good female. And often, you can end up with a more sexually stable, genetically robust plant from a regular non feminized seed.

cbrians

cbrians

Also, again, appreciate the support. First time
grower flying blind with bag seed. Will be less obnoxious next season lol

stanknkatz

stanknkatz

You know you can buy ya a 30x loupe off that site that sells stuff that everybody orders from for like $6. Preflowers will show up right there at the nodes by the stipules. Lot easier than taking pics that we may or not be able to determine what's up from.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Ooooh! Crossed stipules on the first one! Can’t see on the second! Maybe there is a little something to it! Congratulations!

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
You’re good, probably! I was just saying I couldn’t see the stipules on the second one. It’s not important!

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

Now I have the worst luck with regs to the point I won't buy regs anymore. I have a few packs that are going to be around for a few years 🤣 I have been making my own fems once I found out how it was done I was off to the races. I personally haven't had herm issues like I have with regs.
that aint nothing bro i got some regs that cant decide if the regs or autos lol

Bilber

Bilber

It kinda is important, but not quite yet for the 2nd one.....yeah....I noticed it also Oldchucky......very interesting......if this is the case, with the stipules ( ? ), will a male cross also? Or vice versa.......I've been checking this telltale out for a few days only.....but there seems to be a little truth to it....

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

It kinda is important, but not quite yet for the 2nd one.....yeah....I noticed it also Oldchucky......very interesting......if this is the case, with the stipules ( ? ), will a male cross also? Or vice versa.......I've been checking this telltale out for a few days only.....but there seems to be a little truth to it....
i always heard if they crossed it's a female and if they standing straight up like a hard on its a dude

Bilber

Bilber

Funny how us as growers evolve our growing habits and styles! I started off using fems, and now I'm on a regular kick! I'll still run any seed that I want to, yes, fuckin autos included.....

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Probably far from scientific! All it takes is one Uncrossed, female, or one Crossed Mail to shoot the whole theory and down in flames! Just kind of something to take note of and watch while you’re waiting for them to sex!

stanknkatz

stanknkatz

Pretty sure I can see the white pistils sticking out of the top of the preflowers on E, so yes, female, pending a better look.

Based on the shape of the preflowers on G, I'm going with female also, again, pending a better look at them.

stanknkatz

stanknkatz

Also, just my opinion (worthless in all 50 U.S. States and satellites, and all foreign potentates *may have some weight in Gelderland*) on the stipule theory: I've seen that floated since the early days on the original Overgrow (late 90's) and I put zero stock in it. But I'm willing to be wrong if someone does an in-depth study.

Top Bottom