The recepie :
5l RO water
2 handfulls of earth worm casting
1 spoon of sea weed extract
50 gr of trihodermin
50 gr of biomikss
2 tea spoons of fisch powder
1 spoon molasse

After 36 h the tea started to get cloudy like white stuff floting inaide more was on the bottom. It was not stinky it did smeel nice but can i use this tea ir is it somethi g bad?

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

My second time brewing compost tea.
The recepie :
5l RO water
2 handfulls of earth worm casting
1 spoon of sea weed extract
50 gr of trihodermin
50 gr of biomikss
2 tea spoons of fisch powder
1 spoon molasse

After 36 h the tea started to get cloudy like white stuff floting inaide more was on the bottom. It was not stinky it did smeel nice but can i use this tea ir is it somethi g bad?
id say yes if it smells alright,ive never heard of some of these product,i use the painter bag for my compost,tie it off to a stick and let it bubble,my tea is 2 handfuls of quailty compost,handful ewc,2 cups of fermented plant extract,1/2 cup of em1,1/2 cup lab,i also use kelp every other brew,when i add kelp i dont use the em1,far as fish goes,i use the liquid kind and dont put it in until the tea is ready

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

this is my method,it is a uplift
pot easy to build and works better for keeping stuff stirred up

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

this is my method,it is a uplift View attachment 871506View attachment 871505pot easy to build and works better for keeping stuff stirred up
  • I'm still stiring mine by hand. I never ran electricity up to the greenhouse. 20 gal tank. I was going to screen the top to avoid mosquitos but I remove the egg rafts daily and the few that do hatch bring in spiders who in turn protect the plants. When I set up my big greenhouse I'll run juice to it. I've got water run already.

20190521 092140
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

• I'm still stiring mine by hand. I never ran electricity up to the greenhouse. 20 gal tank. I was going to screen the top to avoid mosquitos but I remove the egg rafts daily and the few that do hatch bring in spiders who in turn protect the plants. When I set up my big greenhouse I'll run juice to it. I've got water run already.
there ya go,thats doing the job too,i ferment my comfrey same way,stinks to high heaven lol

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

id say yes if it smells alright,ive never heard of some of these product,i use the painter bag for my compost,tie it off to a stick and let it bubble,my tea is 2 handfuls of quailty compost,handful ewc,2 cups of fermented plant extract,1/2 cup of em1,1/2 cup lab,i also use kelp every other brew,when i add kelp i dont use the em1,far as fish goes,i use the liquid kind and dont put it in until the tea is ready
Why that recipe? What do each ingredients bring to the table? And how do they react without sufficient mixing as once applied that's it.

I use a simple manure tea to feed the soil. A healthy soil with lots of organic mater will convert needed nutrients for plants. I like to think of the soil that is living as in reality it is.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

fermented plant extract is exactaly is a plant harvested new tips before sun comes out,in the dark period the plants feed best ,all those nutrients they have are extracted and feed right back to the plants,knf has a feed schedule just as bottle nutes do,all have there place,but,i dont only grow medicine,this damn place looks like a kroger super market,plants every damn were,i just started a new grow yesterday to have them climb the side of my house,so no answer as to why or any science to my methods i dont believe in the shit and as i proved to my oldest boy yesterday,old tried and true methods always work and finish first cause there isnt a ton of thinking to it,ive grown all kinds of plants over the last 59 years and my messed up ways have kept me alive all that time, i dont care about yield and shit,i watch the plants and just know what they like,this much i know for a fact,comfrey in the garden is the most important plant to feed your grows,stinks like crap but the plants all plants thrive on it,come harvest time and canning starts doesnt matter if it 1 jar or 20 jars,i came from me and my women hands of love,rambling now,but science and all that should or shouldnt crap is just that and im 59 and i have no choice but to hurry and do things ,might not have tomorrow to enjoy,the clock is ticking haahahh.
as mama always says just do it,them words to live by,seeds is a seed some can grow in rocks some cant,so no method if something goes wrong ,drop another couple seeds hahahah

Top Bottom