Is it dumb to ‘clone’ a few branches from a plant in flower?

• Thread starter SpartanHero
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SpartanHero

SpartanHero

I have a couple of really bushy white widows that are getting out of control. They’re about 15 days into flower but it’s still pretty early. I’ve been cutting off lower branches, stuff that isn’t getting light or just causing a mess of things literally every day since I flipped to flower. But it’s still super packed. I feel like the whole plant will suffer for it if I leave it. I don’t wanna just throw away a bunch of branches so I thought try and replant them 🤷🏽‍♀️

Is it dumb to clone a few branches from a plant in flower
Is it dumb to clone a few branches from a plant in flower 2
Is it dumb to clone a few branches from a plant in flower 3
Is it dumb to clone a few branches from a plant in flower 4
Is it dumb to clone a few branches from a plant in flower 5
Madmax

Madmax

looking real nice brother.not dumb at all...they def wont suffer.cutting them off doesnt put energy into the tops but you can clean them up and have all good stuff..i actually trimmed a few branches off my lady and only kept one and tried a clone for first time and worked i wish i kept the others...giving the plant to a mate for christmas .nice 4 inch bud on her..he will like that..id do it mate..why not the more the merrier...

GuySmiley

GuySmiley

Nope, not dumb. Its called monster cropping and is used by growers to increase branching and cola bud growth. Most take their cuttings around 21 days after the 12/12 switch. Cuttings are taken of the lower branches. These have more of the veg hormone left in them than upper branches and will respond better to revegging.
I have a thread in the Organic Soil subforum showing my monster crop grow if you'd like to see progress pics.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I just did this for a plant in flower I want to make sure I keep as soon as I seen the development. I have a single clone I took from veg and took 4 more from her the other day. Partly because I want to absolutely make sure I have a mother for her but also for just education on this myself.

I like to think I'm not stupid but I may have a slightly bias opinion of that lol.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

You can take a cutting at any time, though the later you do it, the less likely it will root. I've taken them in flower, many times.

You can also harvest the plant and leave a healthy, lower branch and reveg it. You can actually start revegging up to two weeks before you harvest, if you know exactly when you're chopping them. It takes about 2 weeks before reveg growth starts.

Latest posts

Top Bottom