Is It Fair To Say That, Every Branch Reduces Cola Size?

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Farmer P

Farmer P

I had to look that one up. Damn Gnome how old are you lol. I was just listening to him singing house of the rising sun. That's the kind of stuff my grandpa listened to.

G gnome

G gnome

I had to look that one up. Damn Gnome how old are you lol. I was just listening to him singing house of the rising sun. That's the kind of stuff my grandpa listened to.

Im young bro haha...im an 80's kid.
I just like good music.
Wood guthrie was a mentor to bob dylan. He spent his last yrs in a mental hospital in NY

Im full of fun facts. He had huntingtons disease and was also diagnosed w schizophrenia

G gnome

G gnome

House if the rising sun was bob dylan break ojt song. Interestingly, someone who is one of the best song writers if all time actually made it famous w a cover song.

The most popular version by far is the animals version who didnt write the song either

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

let's just take everything else as a given in this equation

I started with two and four branches On my Yeti 3 grows in 1/2 gallon coffee creamer containers. The bud sizes were 4-6 inch some 9-10
I have grown with the same mother, her Cloned cuts, more times than I can count, the best numbers as well as Bud sizes are 3 gal soft pots with 16 tops as even as I could get each branch under my light set up. @ an even 5-6 inch.....
IMHO
Best bang for the light to plant to pot size.
BUT GROWIN A MEGA BUD ..... still is the Love of the GROW
4 28 17 UD  1

4 28 17 UD  2

4 28 17 UD  3

Peace Farmers
FlyJ

M

MDgrows

For me when it came to cola size it was a matter of better lighting, better pk booster and air flow. I used only led and decided to add an hps. That banged out some size. Decided to add a higher pk booster and boom they went. I do believe genetics plays a role but if conditions are met, you will see a difference. I always used the outdoor growing conditions to simulate for indoors. Lots of light, pound em. Good ventilation helped as well. The hps was a great addition. We did remove the bottom branches for cloning.Just chiming in. Good luck!

In the posted pics, this is the same bud with the can behind it, cause you can't hardly see it, and next to it. This strain was green crack

20180612 172459
20180612 172454
Ignignokt

Ignignokt

Woody guthrie lived a very interesting life

Heavily influenced by Arlo and Woody, I jumped on a freight train east from Oakland at 14 to see America. Add that to the list of shit you can't do anymore.

Yup. Light and root capacity are the majors for optimizing a particular cut or strain for size. As @heisenbubble asserts - there are a number of factors at play that complicate any attempt to establish "rules". The standard disclaimer for any comment or observation is an implicit "Your mileage may vary, especially if someone skewed the data" (looking at you, VW et. al.) I think most folks here have good intentions and might be overly enthusiastic about their observations or experiences. It usually resolves into useful information if you toss the outliers, apply salt when needed and pay attention to context.
I would say to experiment and evaluate for the strain of your choice, as that is how you master most any subject or task. Then come back and share your strain results. There will be someone here that would find your experience useful.

B

bsew64

Would not topping be like pruning? I think the plant at the end takes from all the leaves nutrients sort of like a food storage? In the wild, they use all these for a reason? I just question the logic behind the idea.

Herbalise

Herbalise

I plan to experience with only one cola plants...Multiple strains sativas I will love to see if having less colas gives you bigger buds...No topping only cutting off bottom branches..12/12 from seed organic soil
Companion planting is a process in which the conditions of a growing environment are improved by planting beneficial plants close to one another. Individual plants protect others against pests by emitting a strong odor (that will either deter pests directly or invite beneficial predators into the garden area). Other plants will actually improve soil conditions through aeration and nutrient promotion, while a select few will provide structural support and reduce the need for additional space.

For companion planting to be effective, however, complementary plants must be planted close together (but not too close) for the plants to benefit each other without having to compete for root space and other resources.

IMG 20180717 133810
MidwestToker

MidwestToker

For me when it came to cola size it was a matter of better lighting, better pk booster and air flow. I used only led and decided to add an hps. That banged out some size. Decided to add a higher pk booster and boom they went. I do believe genetics plays a role but if conditions are met, you will see a difference. I always used the outdoor growing conditions to simulate for indoors. Lots of light, pound em. Good ventilation helped as well. The hps was a great addition. We did remove the bottom branches for cloning.Just chiming in. Good luck!

In the posted pics, this is the same bud with the can behind it, cause you can't hardly see it, and next to it. This strain was green crack
The heck with coke cans. How about fore arms?

DSCN0675
DSCN0677
H

heisen

Just chopped 2 4x10s and didnt notice s difference in cola size on the plants that had 10 branches or 24.if anything the bigger plants had bigger colas FTW.
2 dif tops I cut.some of the tops were just rediculous big.

20180716 190407

20180716 013600

H

heisen

I got 1.1 on the HPS side and 1.37 on the cob and cmh side.
I dont really think grams per watt means anything cause I could have vegged for 7 weeks and would have yielded 2 grams per watt all day long.
I think grams per kilowatt hour would be more fair to say when talking about yield.
This last run was 3 week veg and 8 week flower.

The total kilowatt hours based on the power on the cob and cmh side was 1427 kilowatt hours,multiplied by .11 cents an hr which is what I pay was $156.97 just for the light usage total.

Of course a little more for ac and water chillers,co2 etc.

Latest posts

Top Bottom